My deer and my deer woods

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

My deer and my deer woods

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Dont you love when hunters or gun clubs post things on social media sites or just telling other hunters to stay out of an area claiming a certain public property, area,a certain ownership of a deer,or a property claim for their deer clubs Lmao it just amuses me.
Well. I recently scouted a public property last week.I cyber scouted and looked at a certain area within this public piece which looked like it would be a great bedding area i actually seen three decent bucks in a field down the road one being a great buck last august but really couldnt get in there and i was kinda pre beast so i wanted to get in there and scout it for this season coming
So the other day when i went
i pulled up to the parking area i was getting my boots on and pack ready to start my walk through this piece.
Well as i was packing up my gear and throwing my pack over my shoulder all of a sudden i hear a truck skid up next to me barely missing me
this ford f150 sped across my path barricading me in between this truck and mine
I was greeted by a very annoyed older mid 60’s or so man this gentleman asked me what the #%}^ i was doing on his piece of property. I very patiently expressed that this is not his property and it is public property. Well he was absolutely irate when i stated this
This gentleman obviously lived on the boarder of this public property down the street cause he came from a house down the road from where i was parked at.
This man was so annoyed that i was gonna step on his public piece deer sanctuary that he stated. “This property is hunted by me ,my family ,and ,my deer club and if your caught in here you are gonna regret it physically and financially.
Now im a pretty big boy and know how to defend myself having been a corrections officer for 20 years and have beaten and been beaten by the state finest criminals lol
Well i have to give this guy some credit that he was so annoyed by my presence on his public piece sanctuary that he actually threatened me with bodily harm and also told me if a truck is parked here this up coming season the tires will get leaky
I kinda laughed it off but realized that this old timer is serious. I just couldnt believe how serious he was sbout his public sanctuary. He said “ive been hunting this woods for 40 plus years and my gun club and family have had this property for over 100 years. Lol
I just told the gentleman that i dont want any problems but this is public property. He did not care he told me any outsiders will pay the price for being around here
I told him again look sir. I dont want any problems so ill go somewhere else. He then said yea get back in your ;:($&)( truck and get the ;&$) out of here and never come back or your gonna pay dearly.
He then proceeded to take pics of my liscence plate and truck which I immediately did the same to his lol. He diddnt like that. Calling me names cussing at me while he got in his truck and sped down back to his home
I just stood there and thought that is this for real? Do people really have no other things in their lives that they will get so annoyed or upset they will ruin their own days to be like This? Its sad that this gentleman and other hunters act like this. I dont get it.
Arent hunters like a brotherhood? Sharing fighting for our rights together? Our rights as gun owners and hunters are now on the brink of being taken away. Dont these people realize whats going on and why we need to stick and work together fighting to protect our rights and our love for the outdoors? I just dont get it. Its really scary our futures anymore. If we arent fighting the liberals we are fighting ourselves over a piece of property that we all own lol. This really bothered me and saddens me that people would act like this to protect their own ego’s or images. Or to just be a one upper some how
I did scout the property i just rode around the whole other side of it and it was just a little longer walk. I did find a decemt small bedding area i will throw a sit at in september. Lmao. Conflict avoided and i guess this gentleman wasnt bright enough to realize i just came in the other way. Lol. What is the answer here how fo we deal with these peoppe and educate or convince them we cant act this way we need to work together and stop the bickering snd pettiness between ourselves. Help and educate one another and our youth so they have public property or even deer hunting rights.

A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: My deer and my deer woods

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 pm

That is truly sad.

Here is my take on it.

You failed to fix the problem the second he would have treated me and my property I would have pulled my pistal and my phone called 911 and told them I was being physically threatened and need law enforcement and that I was armed and had my weapon out and if threatened again I would use it.

This is the only way to fix this guy's problem and those in the area like him.

Until someone goes about it this way him and his type will continue to do so things to others.

I for one will never back down from people like that, to many brave me and woman have given their lives for me to have the right to hunt there to back down.
Evanszach7
500 Club

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:35 pm

I’ve run in to this quite a bit in TN hunting, and even more fishing the banks of Ohio’s rivers. 9-10 it’s an adjacent landowner who’s not an outdoorsman. I attempt to educate them, and have the TVA/ODNR numbers on me. I’ve offered to wait while they call. I’ve shown people OnX. If it escalates from there you know they know they’re in the wrong. In TN, I’ve had 2 incidents with these idiots showing up with a rifle. As far as educating someone like this it’s usually not gonna happen. I typically stand my ground. If my vehicle is damaged or hunt is harassed I’ll call it in. I’ve also set trail cams by my vehicle when I suspect something like this, but thankfully haven’t pulled a card.

As far as hunters acting like this in the woods, I’ll give them that burnt spot and use they’re repetitive access to my advantage :D A great way to educate them is making sure they see your kill in the parking lot.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 pm

I have seen very little of this hunting, now fishing is a diff story! Seems people with a home in the back of a cove believe the cove is for home owners only. I have got in my share of yelling matches over the years. I usually end the conversation with if u say one more dang word I will post a pic online with maps and directions. And you will have every swinging D in the county lined up with cane poles in your back yard in the morning. That usually shuts them up, then I make a point to fish there every day just to spite em
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
RidgeGhost
500 Club

Unread postby RidgeGhost » Fri May 11, 2018 12:06 am

Well I think you handled it well. Keep yourself out of danger first then worry about the real issue later.

How about asking your DNR for some signs and go out and post up public land signs all over the place. Let the rest of the public know it's there. Might hurt your hunting, but sounds like it's getting pounded by his group anyway.

The only way he is going to stop is either if law enforcement gets involved or if you inundate him with other public land hunters and he gives up. Maybe we can have a beast scouting workshop on his little sanctuary.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Fri May 11, 2018 12:09 am

Normally, I stay away from people when hunting if at all possible. But in this situation I would have pushed the envelope rather quickly. I probably wouldn't hunt there if him and his family hunted there just because I don't like others around me. I won't tolerate that crap and the game department would have been involved. I also would have told him if anything happened he would be the first person I came looking for.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 am

Wow... I would probably contact the authorities. Even then it probably wouldn't be worth my effort to hunt. I'm not looking for a negative vibe.

My inner me would really want to go in there in shoot a buck just to feel like I got the upper hand though...lol
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 am

oldrank wrote:Wow... I would probably contact the authorities. Even then it probably wouldn't be worth my effort to hunt. I'm not looking for a negative vibe.

My inner me would really want to go in there in shoot a buck just to feel like I got the upper hand though...lol

Same. I have a problem with muskie guys on the river I fish always getting irrate I am fishing a rock point or brushpile that they want to cast.

Nothing better than pulling up a nice sized muskie 10' from them, or catching 5 on 5 casts in a row with my dad. I've done both, and man is that razor blades and lemon juice to them 8-)

I'd hunt the property, but I would notify the local authorities now about what happened. I prefer to get away from people but in some areas you just don't have that luxury, and people shouldn't get away with this stuff.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Fri May 11, 2018 1:00 am

first of all, i commend you on your self control and keeping a level head during that confrontation. I dont know if i would have been that cool and collected. i really dont like bullies and then have one threaten me that may have pushed me over the top. i would absolutely get the authorities involved and i would even press assault charges. but thats just me. i agree i probably wouldnt hunt that area without a buddy system in place especially since said bully would be getting an officer knocking on his door. if you can hunt the same general area with a different access definitely do that. i want to have fun hunting but if i thought there would be a threat everytime i walked out of the woods that would take the joy out of hunting for me and that not my goal. again great self control! :clap:
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Fri May 11, 2018 1:07 am

At times, we as hunters are our own worst enemy.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 am

Sounds like a good place for a large beast group scout. Strength in numbers!
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri May 11, 2018 1:26 am

Some people are crazy, you should contact the local CO and have him pay this man a visit. You already have him on hunter harassment & terroristic threats. No doubt you aren't the first and won't be the last, this guys needs to be put in his place in the worst way.
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 am

People like this dude are all over the country. Kinda explains the public land parking lots scattered with tail light lens material, I see. You did well, not allowing the situation to escalate. That is commendable of you. I am not a cop caller, but in this case you and your property have been threatened. So if you plan on hunting this pc. I would report the incident, so it becomes a matter of permanent record. I hate to say it, but this incident would probably keep me out of there. I can't afford insurance deductibles or repairs I didn't cause, just to stand my ground. Plus I ain't real crazy about being forced into exacting my revenge, and suffering the consequences, thereof. So I would weigh it all out carefully before jumping in any deeper. Good luck and good huntin!
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri May 11, 2018 2:37 am

That’s sucks you had to deal with that. All the people I’ve met on public have been friendly but I know there’s jerks out there. I would probably contact the CO. That’s hunter harassment
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri May 11, 2018 3:07 am

elk yinzer wrote:Sounds like a good place for a large beast group scout. Strength in numbers!

That’s funny because I thought the same exact thing. :lol:Nothing like 25 guys showing up at his honey hole. What’s he gonna do.....threaten everyone? :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”