R.I.P. Stan...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Re: R.I.P. Stan...

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Fri May 18, 2018 11:57 am

Those big bucks in heaven don’t stand a chance with Stan up there. RIP Stan....

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm

I was at Harbor Freight today and seen the cheap batteries. Made me think of Stan and made me wonder about how many trail camera's he must have out right now.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:I was at Harbor Freight today and seen the cheap batteries. Made me think of Stan and made me wonder about how many trail camera's he must have out right now.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing recently...
Scratchman

Unread postby Scratchman » Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm

I am thankful for people like Stanley. I am also thankful for the places that record the knowledge that these people give so freely. Just for housing this knowledge alone the Beast is a special place. RIP Stanley.
"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee
Hatchetman

Unread postby Hatchetman » Thu May 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Stan always had a way with words, usually short and to the point but always made sense.

No matter who you are or whenever you jumped in on the beast, It didn't take you long to figure him out. He knew what he was talking about and was very humble about it.

You will be sadly missed..
R.I.P.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Hatchetman wrote:Stan always had a way with words, usually short and to the point but always made sense.

You will be sadly missed..
R.I.P.

I used to tell Stanley he should be a part time writer for fortune cookie company :pray:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri May 25, 2018 3:46 am

dan wrote:Stan's wife sent me this picture of Stans Croc's to post here. Saying "He hated to give up on anything that had an ounce of life left" I laughed out loud thinking about my boots falling apart... 8-)

:lol: :lol: :cry:
Southern Buck

Unread postby Southern Buck » Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 am

The board won’t be the same. That’s for sure. I’ve only been on the board for about a year, but Stan was one of those guys that you were drawn to immediately. He was always respectful and helpful to everyone. He certainly was to me even though he had no cause or obligation to be. He patiently answered every question I had no matter how off base, repetitive, or silly they were. His advice on river bottoms helped me bag my biggest buck ever and he had convinced me to switch to slick trick broadheads this year. For as long as I use them, I won’t be able to look at them without thinking about Stan.

RIP Stanley
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 am

:shock: I haven’t been on for quite some time and this is the first post I read, to say I’m shocked is an understatement. I only knew Stan from the site but I believe we lost an exceptional role model . Unreal
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Wed May 30, 2018 5:09 am

I think Stan contributed to at least 2/3 of my requests for advice or help on this site. He was a kind soul and is most definitely in a better place now.
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Thu May 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Geez I just got the bad news. Rest in peace Stan. Although I didn't know you personally you made great contributions to the hunting beast and will be missed. Rest in peace brother.
carmmond

Unread postby carmmond » Thu May 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Just got the news and just don’t know what to say. Never met Stan but know him well from talking on line. I will miss his input on anything I’m doing or other people are asking about.
Last comment is I saw his obituary video and I hope at the end of my life my family can put together such a loving video of me….. Stanley you will be missed but not forgotten!
vovamir

Unread postby vovamir » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:14 am

Like most of you I didn't know Stan, but he responded to quite a few of my questions on this forum. Always appreciated his input. He will definitely be missed.
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 am

Always enjoyed what Stanley had to say , big loss for the beast lets kill some deer for him this year
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Stan's wife Jan has some pic's to share...

Here is the buck Stan called the old warrior that he showed mercy for last fall ( Spark plug )
Here is a pic taken from his trail cam walking out to his stand

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”