R.I.P. Stan...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Drenalin
500 Club

Re: R.I.P. Stan...

Unread postby Drenalin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 am

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Thank you Drenalin
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
kgtech
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby kgtech » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 pm

sorry to hear about you friend
when i'm gone make sure you play my song
Rivermandan

Unread postby Rivermandan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:36 pm

I’m a river rat from birth. I came across an interview with Stan at hunting beast on YouTube. He had me hanging on every word. As I’ll be hunting rivers this season for the first time. He was humble wise and full of knowledge from my perspective. I picked up a life quote from Stan that day. “You don’t have to be the best you just have to do your best”. He was a great teacher and a piece of him will live forever with those that had ears to hear. See you on the other side. “You just have to pay your dues you just have to pay your dues”. A great man.
varmint101

Unread postby varmint101 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 am

Sorry for y’all’s loss! Sounded like a great man. God bless!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 am

Just read this entire thread again. Man I really miss Stanley. Not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eyes. He just had a way with words that’s incredibly missed here. The hunting season is always a little bittersweet thinking about all the great hunters we have lost along the way.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:15 am

Dewey wrote:Just read this entire thread again. Man I really miss Stanley. Not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eyes. He just had a way with words that’s incredibly missed here. The hunting season is always a little bittersweet thinking about all the great hunters we have lost along the way.

"Amen"
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:26 am

Thank you Jan & Stan - may the buck be with me :pray:
I will wear this in good health...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Today would have been our 44th wedding anniversary. I miss Stanley more than ever, but it somehow helps to know that he has not been forgotten here. On our last anniversary two years ago, he ducked his head in embarrassment when I told him that every single year, I discovered again how truly remarkable he was. I'm glad I told him then what I truly believed, and I still believe it. There is and never will be another Stanley Schmidt.
Jan
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Stanley wrote:Today would have been our 44th wedding anniversary. I miss Stanley more than ever, but it somehow helps to know that he has not been forgotten here. On our last anniversary two years ago, he ducked his head in embarrassment when I told him that every single year, I discovered again how truly remarkable he was. I'm glad I told him then what I truly believed, and I still believe it. There is and never will be another Stanley Schmidt.
Jan

Thanks for telling us about that Jan. It made me smile. I'm sure it made him feel really good knowing that & lucky to have found you. Being married as long as you were is something really special & also rare these days. I'm sorry for the sadness you feel from missing him so much on this anniversary, but I have no doubt you made his life very special as you shared life together & hopefully that can help see you through this anniversary as well.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Stan is for sure missed. We are all better off for knowing him. Even if it was just through the beast interworld
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am

Just listened to Stanley’s river bottom podcast with Mario (for like the 5th time) in preparation of my opening day hunt on Monday. Pick up something new each time. Thanks Stanley for sharing your experiences and knowledge with us. Peace be with you.
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Abdullah

Unread postby Abdullah » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:41 pm

dan wrote:I got some shocking and devastating news today... A man, a real man, my friend, Stanley Schmidt passed away yesterday.
Known by every one here as "Stan" he was a great person who stood strong in his values and stood beside his wife Jan, not in front, and not behind. He was a great deer hunter who was humble and never talked much about his own accomplishments, but praised others often. I have not cried in many years, but this news brought a tear to my eye. The world can't afford to loose a great man like Stan.

Rest in piece brother, I will join you before to long...

Ironically his last post was the day before he passed and he was warning others to be careful of an electrical hazard that could kill you...

Here is a link to Stans profile:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14013

May Stan rest in peace. I am very sorry to loose such a person and very sorry for his family and friends. May God blesses them with strong patience to deal with such a loss. I never met this man but still have prayers going out for him.
ButtonBuckFever

Unread postby ButtonBuckFever » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:27 am

I was inspired by hm through his River Bottom podcast. He reeked of wisdom and humility.
stinger-hunter
Facebook: /storiale

Unread postby stinger-hunter » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am

Paying my respects again...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”