A few questions about Wisconsin.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: A few questions about Wisconsin.

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:28 pm

ihookem wrote:Magicman, I rarely even see a buck in gun season. I have not seen a buck during the gun season since 2009. That is how bad it is in northern Wisconsin. I encourage many to hunt the big woods where I hunt. They will never complain about low deer numbers again.

I hunt north as well. there are some areas that are recovering pretty good and some areas that have very few deer. Even the good areas have low numbers which is going to be the case in almost all big woods areas.
there is no doubt you earn them up there!

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri May 11, 2018 3:32 pm

magicman54494 wrote:
ihookem wrote:Magicman, I rarely even see a buck in gun season. I have not seen a buck during the gun season since 2009. That is how bad it is in northern Wisconsin. I encourage many to hunt the big woods where I hunt. They will never complain about low deer numbers again.

I hunt north as well. there are some areas that are recovering pretty good and some areas that have very few deer. Even the good areas have low numbers which is going to be the case in almost all big woods areas.
there is no doubt you earn them up there!

I used to gun hunt Vilas county. Unless you had fresh snow, it was difficult.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I hunted Tiffany last year...I was not alone...I will say if you hunt the buffalo county side of Tiffany bring a darn good gps and compass. And then throw in another compass just in case. It’s very easy to get turned around back there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”