Need some advice for the Hunt The Front site

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

weatherdude

Need some advice for the Hunt The Front site

Unread postby weatherdude » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:26 pm

For those of you who like to come to the Hunt The Front website:

I've been on a long and annoying journey trying to acquire the ".com" extension for the website, which is currently taken by a dead webpage!! I should hear back soon from the owner of the domain on whether or not they intend to extend ownership. However, if I'm not able to obtain the .com extension, what domain names or other extensions would make sense to you guys that would make sense and easy to remember, etc? The main issue is that the .blog extension isn't very professional and it certainly doesn't represent the full scope of the site. So it needs to change soon. My though right now is "huntthefront.net," but I would love to hear all of your thoughts.

Best,
Austin

connorc9092
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/connor.choate.5

Re: Need some advice for the Hunt The Front site

Unread postby connorc9092 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Just built a website for my company using ".co" and really like it. From what I've noticed lately, a lot of people are moving to ".co" because of the availability. I emailed a guy about a dead ".com" using my companies name and he wanted $270,000 for it. So, don't be surprised if they email you back with a ridiculous amount of money to purchase the domain. Also, you can check and see how long they have ownership of the domain and buy it down the road.
- CC
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:34 pm

I would make sure yours is original... DON'T CHANGE ONE LETTER, OR USE A .NET or something like a dash or something to use something already taken... I would get annoyed if people made a site called hunting-beast.com or huntingbeast.net, etc... Not sure what your trying to use, but I can tell you that most of the time when you approach someone and ask if you can have a domain they own they want you to pay big dollars for it... Better to not play that card and just wait till it expires. I am sure you could come up with something else clever though... the name you use on here would be good? Weatherdude.com or maybe huntingweather.com weather4hunters.com etc.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:09 pm

weatherdude wrote:For those of you who like to come to the Hunt The Front website:

I've been on a long and annoying journey trying to acquire the ".com" extension for the website, which is currently taken by a dead webpage!! I should hear back soon from the owner of the domain on whether or not they intend to extend ownership. However, if I'm not able to obtain the .com extension, what domain names or other extensions would make sense to you guys that would make sense and easy to remember, etc? The main issue is that the .blog extension isn't very professional and it certainly doesn't represent the full scope of the site. So it needs to change soon. My though right now is "huntthefront.net," but I would love to hear all of your thoughts.

Best,
Austin

If you have gained any traction in google...changing your name without redirects would greatly impact your google rankings.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Northwindwx.co or Northwindhuntwx.co

A lot of us spend a lot of time watching weather for that first hint of north wind. A north wind we get them up and moving.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Is Huntfront available? Minus “the”?
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am

fronthunters
fronthunting
frontbeforethehunt
weatherdude 8-)
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:02 am

Ghost Hunter wrote:Northwindwx.co or Northwindhuntwx.co

A lot of us spend a lot of time watching weather for that first hint of north wind. A north wind we get them up and moving.

Ha! Thats cool I was considering that for a podcast name awhile back. Not bad
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am

Darkknight54 wrote:
Ghost Hunter wrote:Northwindwx.co or Northwindhuntwx.co

Ha! Thats cool I was considering that for a podcast name awhile back. Not bad

Ha!! I sat here this morning half a sleep and come up with that. If I had been awake it never would have happen.
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:08 am

Thank for all the advice everyone. Someone suggested a domain with "wx," which I liked. I use that shorthand often and I think it makes sense to most people. I've decided to go with huntthefrontwx.com!

If you have the old domain name bookmarked it will still redirect to the same site. I hurt my foot recently so haven't been able to do much outdoors unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be rolling out some content in a few weeks from scouting and such.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Looking forward to new site. :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”