Check this buck bed out boys

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Re: Check this buck bed out boys

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:35 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
oneflag wrote:I took the liberty to do some internet research for ya. Found an example of what you need. Don’t use feed spreader on rear of truck if baiting is illegal in your area. Buy this truck and you will not have to get off the pavement and bugger up the bedding area. Stay on the street and I guarantee you he won’t spook and run to the neighbor’s farm. Always ask permission from land owner.

This is the perfect mobile stand for this situation! There probably isn't any climbable trees in the area, since that beast is super smart! Another thing I suggest is hunting him right at dusk, and flashing the brights so you can blind him before you shoot him!

Good idea. Or maybe we should both try to go in for him, better our odds? " Say Fred, You go up that ridge, and I'll go down the.. sidewalk..we'll get that buck"

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:36 am

ScottSpitzley wrote:
NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
oneflag wrote:I took the liberty to do some internet research for ya. Found an example of what you need. Don’t use feed spreader on rear of truck if baiting is illegal in your area. Buy this truck and you will not have to get off the pavement and bugger up the bedding area. Stay on the street and I guarantee you he won’t spook and run to the neighbor’s farm. Always ask permission from land owner.

This is the perfect mobile stand for this situation! There probably isn't any climbable trees in the area, since that beast is super smart! Another thing I suggest is hunting him right at dusk, and flashing the brights so you can blind him before you shoot him!

Good idea. Or maybe we should both try to go in for him, better our odds? " Say Fred, You go up that ridge, and I'll go down the.. sidewalk..we'll get that buck"

:lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 am

:clap:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 am

Buck is defiantly mature.

Trying to think outside the box but the picture has limited info. Is it public or private? It could be a neighborhood or state park. Would it be possible to post an aerial view or topo map? You can use Microsoft paint to shade out street names and mailbox numbers.

What about using that little yellow guy on google street view? Worked for me. I spent 205 hours scouting neighborhoods in my area and found what I believe is a primary crossing spot. (picture below)

Note how I used paint to mask out any relative info to locate geographical spot. I already have more pressure than a Chicago pizzeria. Who needs another jackwagon lurking around your honey hole?

NH Teufelhund

Unread postby NH Teufelhund » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:17 am

Brick1083 wrote:
NH Teufelhund wrote:Sure would be cool if I could ever figure out how to actually see pics on this forum

I had to switch from Internet Explorer to Chrome.

I’ll try that. I’ve looked for advise on this issue and haven’t found it and I’ve asked for help too. Maybe I’m just IT illiterate.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:05 am

oneflag wrote:Buck is defiantly mature.

Trying to think outside the box but the picture has limited info. Is it public or private? It could be a neighborhood or state park. Would it be possible to post an aerial view or topo map? You can use Microsoft paint to shade out street names and mailbox numbers.

What about using that little yellow guy on google street view? Worked for me. I spent 205 hours scouting neighborhoods in my area and found what I believe is a primary crossing spot. (picture below)

Note how I used paint to mask out any relative info to locate geographical spot. I already have more pressure than a Chicago pizzeria. Who needs another jackwagon lurking around your honey hole?

That is a great find on that crossing spot. But it is not going to do you any good if that's not near their core area. Maybe they only cross at night and that's when it happened? The bedding could be 2 houses down from there.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:15 am

This thread is pure gold.

Thanks for the entertainment!
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am

Of course he is bedded on the transition of the property line between the two neighbors, its always the transitions!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:36 am

ScottSpitzley wrote:

That is a great find on that crossing spot. But it is not going to do you any good if that's not near their core area. Maybe they only cross at night and that's when it happened? The bedding could be 2 houses down from there.

Right! Plus, no deer crossing sign on the road, Duh! Heck that deer could have feel off the top of a hippies Volkswagen beetle bus. My bad! Google street view? What a waste of my time? I’m used to public hill country, never hunted an urban deer zone.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 am

oneflag wrote:
ScottSpitzley wrote:

Right! Plus, no deer crossing sign on the road, Duh! Heck that deer could have feel off the top of a hippies Volkswagen beetle bus. My bad! Google street view? What a waste of my time? I’m used to public hill country, never hunted an urban deer zone.

If google only stepped up their game and let us go down the driveways and lawns, we could probably find beds right from the computer.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Like Dan says setup the observation stand to ensure he is in the area then throw a stand at him early season, rut and then late season... Give that bed a chance to produce
nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:24 pm

I don't see any huntable trees around. Maybe that Grand Cherokee in the background can double as a ground blind? If I saw that I would think - that buck sure is smart. Here in MA there are setback requirements. He's safer on someone's lawn then he is anywhere in the woods.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:58 am

This is getting out of hand... HunterMike quit making mock scrapes in peoples yards :D
woodworker

Unread postby woodworker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am

The proofs in the bedding!
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:13 am

woodworker wrote:The proofs in the bedding!

:lol: :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”