Ground Hunting Camo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: Ground Hunting Camo

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I think a lot of folks get confused on how Camo works. It's being skylighted and moving that screws the pooch. I've squirrel hunted for many of years now and there not wearing new age Camo and they have an orange belly. If there not flicken there tail around u will walk right by.

Also every study I have seen on deers vision was funded to sell u something. Most recent years there ability to see uv but don't worry for 19.95 we've got that covered. Think about this thousands of deer fall victim at close range to hunters decked out from head to toe in blaze orange, how could this be? These are just my opinions but I've killed what I consider a good deer inside of ten yards in my work clothes which is a dark blue uniform and let many more pass.

i can agree with that 100% if your not moving and outlining yourself they wont pic up on you if they do its prob the nose that did you in

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I either wear a cattail pattern or "western" pattern top. If I'm not wearing camo, I'll either wear a light grey or light brown shirt. Realtree and mossy oak "woods" pattern stuff is just too dark and makes you stick out a lot more than you'd think.
How bad do you want it?
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 pm

This is my preferred ground camo
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 am

Basically, the camo pattern really doesn't make much difference. Contrasting dark and light clothing are the deal breaker. If you're hunting in the snow white is the choice. If your hunting in brown grass brown is the color. Green grass, green is the color. I have even painted my bow to match the color I was hiding in.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”