One big family

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: One big family

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:07 pm

imo there is no better place than here i was in other forums (alot of them) and 99% of them are ego's and disagreements one uppers and just not what i was looking for arguing with each other etc I think we all have a bond here and respect each other for what we can learn and be successful from each other its endless knowledge from guys like me
(the rookie) all the way up to Dan, Dewey, Uncle lou etc . (the OG's) . its a brotherhood and i am darn proud of being part of it til the day im taken from this world and always
here for any of you
robert loper the buck psych

JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm

It's refreshing to know you can ask questions and not made look like a fool. Or picked apart because of what you shoot. I've really enjoyed my time on the beast :D . It really does feel like one big hunting family.
bh bowhunter

Unread postby bh bowhunter » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:18 pm

New to the Beast and I am very impressed so far! Great group of guys with a wealth of knowledge minus the ego!
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:21 pm

TheBuckPsych wrote:imo there is no better place than here i was in other forums (alot of them) and 99% of them are ego's and disagreements one uppers and just not what i was looking for arguing with each other etc I think we all have a bond here and respect each other for what we can learn and be successful from each other its endless knowledge from guys like me
(the rookie) all the way up to Dan, Dewey, Uncle lou etc . (the OG's) . its a brotherhood and i am darn proud of being part of it til the day im taken from this world and always
here for any of you
robert loper the buck psych

right there with you brother
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Nelson87
500 Club

Unread postby Nelson87 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:27 pm

I'd like to thank Dan and the mods for all that they do. Also, thanks to the veteran Beasts who take the time to post regularly. As a newer member, I don't feel like I have a lot to contribute. I'm in the thick of things- 3 boys, oldest is 5 and my wife is a stay at home Mom, so at the end of the day she's ready to have me home. Once in a while I can get away for part of a Saturday, but even that hasn't happened lately with everything I've had going on. Don't mean to complain, I know many of you are in similar situations, but it's frustrating sometimes when I can't get out and get boots on the ground and continue to learn. Ecspecially since I've got some marked up ariels to check out (thanks Lockdown!) But I know my children be grown before I know it, so right now I just try to take them on short easy trips when I can and I'm hoping to do more fishing and camping and that kind of thing while they're younger. Anyway, I enjoy hanging out here and thanks again everybody.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:34 pm

JAK wrote:It's refreshing to know you can ask questions and not made look like a fool. Or picked apart because of what you shoot. I've really enjoyed my time on the beast :D . It really does feel like one big hunting family.

This is my favorite part about the Beast. Everyone gets congratulated on their kill, without the “what did you shoot that for?” And “He would have been huge next year!” comments.

It’s also a lot of fun when you get to know peoples’ personalities after a few years. Live from the Field threads have had me busting a gut many times (Dewey and JM). And stuff like Ed and Magic’s bromance :lol: , and Kokes’ night before Beastmas poems, DK’s memes, etc

Love the comeraderie here.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:15 pm

This is by far my favorite hunting fourum. The amount of knowledge, experience and willingness to help is unbelievable.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Mike32 wrote:This is by far my favorite hunting fourum. The amount of knowledge, experience and willingness to help is unbelievable.

There are other hunting forums??? Not for me!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Lol, i definitely spend the most time on here.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:38 pm

That’s awesome you got to meet them and hang out with them. I hope one day to meet them too. I got the pleasure to meet and hang out with Dan, Jeff, and others this spring and it was priceless. I feel apart of a community that I’m proud and happy to be apart of.

I’m also fortunate to have a close friend on here that we share every detail. Makes this journey even more enjoyable. I know there are several beasts not far from me in WI that I would love to meet and put a face to the name. Maybe share a beer or two and talk hunting. :D
Divergent
500 Club

Unread postby Divergent » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Net Guy wrote:That’s awesome you got to meet them and hang out with them. I hope one day to meet them too. I got the pleasure to meet and hang out with Dan, Jeff, and others this spring and it was priceless. I feel apart of a community that I’m proud and happy to be apart of.

I’m also fortunate to have a close friend on here that we share every detail. Makes this journey even more enjoyable. I know there are several beasts not far from me in WI that I would love to meet and put a face to the name. Maybe share a beer or two and talk hunting. :D

I hope to meet dan and some of the others one day.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Yea has been said by others as well, before finding the beast I thought all forums were just full of trolls and fanboys - basically obnoxious and dull. I have changed that tune in the years since then, I still remember starting to read thru the threads for the first time on here and within minutes my mind was blown :lol: Both by the knowledge displayed by everyone and how they treated each other in general.

In the time since then I have met several Beasts (and I am just about the last person on the planet to be willing to meet someone face to face that I first met online!) and talked to quite a few on the phone. Still hard for me to believe how such a stand up group of people are on here given what every other hunting forum I have seen is like, but I will take it, and even more important work to keep it this way 8-)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:58 am

The BEAST is great. I have met so many BEASTs, and glad to be a part of it. The Wisconsin shows with dan were always fun. We (dan and I) haven't done a show since 2014. Pigfest back in 2010 was great. Whitetail assasin had the first MI BEAST workshop, that was pretty cool. The workshops are great events, can't believe I just did my first one in WI this Feb.

I would have never thought I would end up meeting a bunch of people in person that I have come across on-line. I remember the first time Big Daddy came to turkey hunt with me. My wife says, your having a guy you met on the internet come stay here. I said he's a BEAST, not just some guy I met on the internet. But big daddy is more like a rock star in a world of groupies, just ask KLEMZ.

Ellie was just ribbing me the other day about how many BEASTs have stopped by here. Whitetail Assasin- he delivered a motor I bought off him that he had in the classifieds, Bayshore stopped by and we wrapped his bike, then went fishing for a bit. There have been a few more, even dan popped in for a night before his MI workshop.

Stash was talking about trying to do a get together this summer, but it didn't get much traction. Maybe now is the time to revisit that.

Stash? Any thoughts
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:37 am

Yeah it would be nice. I had proposed a few thing to the Mods and prostaff members. The consensus was they were too busy. I was going to bring it up with the 500 club members, but got busy with other things. I also felt bad that it was my idea, but I might not be able to participate with alot off the organization of it.

It can be as simple as just having a BBQ back at Dan's place or go hog wild and make it a 2-3 day weekend affair. With a 3-d course. Shooting games for prizes and maybe even some seminars by some of the more consistent mature buck killers.

Personally I just want some face time with like minded individuals. Hardest part of it all may be getting Dan & Carol to commit to something way ahead of time. ;) :lol:

Well now that it's out there. Any volunteers? My thoughts are to keep Dan & Carol as uninvolved with the planning as possible. They're both just too busy to have to be a big part of the organization process. If we work together it's totally possible to accomplish this. By getting a date and place chose sooner than later. More people from longer distances would be able plan to attend. It would also be a family event. So spouses and children won't be left out for the designated time. So less friction.

Balls now in all of you Beast members court now. Share your thoughts with us all.

Thanx Lou!!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:43 am

Well, there you go, Stash laid it out there for us.

Any thoughts, BEAST family?
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”