Dan Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vtbuck
500 Club

Re: Dan Buck

Unread postby vtbuck » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:41 am

Awesome! Inspiring. Gives a guy in a serious drought hope. Thanks for sharing!

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am

Fantastic story! :clap: Hope to have similar stories myself in the coming years.
bigbucks1234

Unread postby bigbucks1234 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 am

Congrats on the success, those are great deer!!!! Like you said, I can't wait to shake the BBSK hand some day and say THANKS!
Jcol6268

Unread postby Jcol6268 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Wow thats awesome... I think I am finally starting to get the tactics...its been paying off for me as well. I still have A LOT to learn.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:17 am

Now THAT is awesome!! :clap: 8-)
Athomeinthewoods

Unread postby Athomeinthewoods » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 am

This is awesome and encouraging. This past fall was my first season really hunting beast style. I passed up a number of younger bucks and unfortunately the one nice buck I let an arrow fly on, I didn’t put a great hit on and didn’t recover. I am thankful for everything I have learned from Dan and from all of you on the site and can’t wait to put it to use again this season.
Bonehead

Unread postby Bonehead » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 am

Those are some slammers!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:35 am

I'll offer up another big thank you to Dan, so many guys would have just keeps this stuff to themselves and killed a bunch of big bucks, thank you for sharing your great deer knowledge with the world. I know many hear realize this but just imagine how many bucks have been shot with this info since the first marsh bucks dvd, the numbers are probably crazy. Not to mention other bucks shot from friends and relatives, I have put a couple of guys on their biggest bucks by picking some new rut stands (bedding related) in our area. No to mention 4 of my own beast kills and some other rut success.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 am

dan wrote:
Dhurtubise wrote:Those are awesome bucks. I also have a similar thank you to communicate but I discovered you after my first season of deer hunting. 2012 was the season. Any way you look at it, you and many of the beast members - hodag, bigwoodsmn, magicicman etc have shaped the way I think about and hunt deer - true mentors, senseis. Thank you too.

Good points. I think sometimes I get to much credit. There are so many great hunters gathered at this one site sharing info and testing theories in different areas / circumstances that it would be hard not to hang around here and learn a thing or 2... That coupled with a great moderator group that keeps the site clean, and the ego's in check so we can skip over the bashing and negativism other sites have.

I got another similar message I want to share of an absolute giant non-typical shot by a second season hunter in Ohio, im waiting to see if the hunter will allow me to share it.[/quote]

I met this man at the Ohio Deer and Turkey. Great story and great buck, I hope you or he shares it. I met more than a couple people that walked up to the booth in Ohio and said how your tactics helped them achieve great bucks. I also get occasional emails intended for dan. People will send me something that says please share this with dan, then it will detail their hunt with photos.

Also, as dan points out, many great hunters on this site. Too many to mention without leaving someone out, so I won't even try.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”