You know it is sad when;

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: You know it is sad when;

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Dewey wrote:It never turns off. :lol:

Exactly me too!

Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Dewey wrote:
headgear wrote:Was flying over Missouri & Iowa yesterday, you know picking out marsh bedding from the plane. Wife thought we were on vacation but it was really just an elaborate and expensive scouting trip. :lol:

Sounds funny but I have done this as well. Actually it’s the best part about flying. :lol: Also seen moose and bedded deer from float plane in Canada. Nothing like live aerial views. 8-)

Yep a good way to kill some time. Sun was starting to set too so I could even make out a little topography, you know have to account for those thermals around the marsh. 8-)
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm

I do it all the time with terrain driving. Everytime I see a road kill I’ll look at the terrain. 9 times out of 10 there’s a transition or edge going to the road where the deer is laying
tuff4x4

Unread postby tuff4x4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:01 pm

when my wife and I go on road trips she doesn't let me drive anymore. "For OUR Safety"
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:14 pm

headgear wrote:Was flying over Missouri & Iowa yesterday, you know picking out marsh bedding from the plane. Wife thought we were on vacation but it was really just an elaborate and expensive scouting trip. :lol:

:lol: :lol: that’s awesome.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Bowfisher

Unread postby Bowfisher » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm

I had a calculus professor explaining 3D mathematical functions, and when graphed in 3 dimensions, it looked like a topo map. You better believe I was thinking where's he bedded on mr teacher's graph :D wonder how I did on that quiz :think:
Bobo

Unread postby Bobo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:39 pm

I had a dream a couple weeks ago that made my wife just shake her head. In the dream I woke up in a buck bedding area. I cld see three big bucks bedded around me, all within bow range, but the bedding area was the room I was sleeping in. Of course I had no bow. Suddenly my three year old comes into the room. Couldn't figure out how he was so stealthy as to get in there without alerting the deer. Then I tell him he needs to go get his mom, and tell her I need my bow so I can shoot one of these bucks. So he leaves, I'm trying to figure out if it's legal to shoot a deer in the house. I finally decided it wasn't legal, and shouldn't shoot them. He never got back with my bow before I woke up.
MikePerry

Unread postby MikePerry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah when driving down the road the misses always says “keep your eyes on the road” “what are you looking at” and I say, all I see is funnels pinchpoints and bedding
Persistence pays!!!
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Did it the entire 7-hr drive from AR to KY for my daughters volleybally tournament yesterday. Also, KY deer density (and turkey) seems to be off the charts high... :think:
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:57 pm

I get distracted all the time when I’m driving around or riding with someone. It’s worse than texting and driving. Pretty soon they’re going to ban it, “No scouting while driving” :lol:
fireforeffect

Unread postby fireforeffect » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:03 am

Yep. I can relate. It's an obsession.
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:39 am

It may be sad to some, but these are the things that make me happy. God. Family. Deer Hunting.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:59 am

I'm guilty as well.

I was on computer for house search and one was backed up to woods. BAM! Topo map and common hunting season winds show a perfect bedding point 50 yards beyond property line.

Post season scouting /home inspection confirmed bedding /poop/hair. House was ok too.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”