how not to hunt deer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Babshaft
500 Club

Re: how not to hunt deer

Unread postby Babshaft » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:
Its unreal. That these people think that if you change the local animals bedrooms that its gonna give you an advantage to kill them. I would call dnr on that guy babs.
Ghat guy looks like he did more damage to the woods then the guy i found. And people wonder why the liberals are on our tail ends all the time. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies

Funny enough I work for the municipality that has this particular piece of public. It's interspersed with a ton of private land and is quite large. I got in touch with the guy in charge of it and he was kind enough to mail me this awesome map showing all the boundaries as well as a set of regulations for this particular piece. I sent him an email today with the pictures of those stands and offered to share the locations with him if he was interested. Hopefully they take an interest in it. Nothing worse than guys destroying "provincially significant wetlands". Without that designation a lot of this area would've been destroyed.

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am

Babshaft wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:
Its unreal. That these people think that if you change the local animals bedrooms that its gonna give you an advantage to kill them. I would call dnr on that guy babs.
Ghat guy looks like he did more damage to the woods then the guy i found. And people wonder why the liberals are on our tail ends all the time. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies

Funny enough I work for the municipality that has this particular piece of public. It's interspersed with a ton of private land and is quite large. I got in touch with the guy in charge of it and he was kind enough to mail me this awesome map showing all the boundaries as well as a set of regulations for this particular piece. I sent him an email today with the pictures of those stands and offered to share the locations with him if he was interested. Hopefully they take an interest in it. Nothing worse than guys destroying "provincially significant wetlands". Without that designation a lot of this area would've been destroyed.

this stuff happens every place in NJ problem is we don't have any law enforcement to deal with it and unless a game warden sees you doing it you cant be charged. NJ is the wild west for game laws most people kill deer right off the back porch under a spotlight buy me. I don't even bother reporting it anymore we have illegal atv and horse trails everyplace on our public grounds. major poaching with spotlights. and democrats that cancel our forestry plans humans are natures biggest threat. if you look at statistics on internet you will see that NJ has a lot of deer but its all false our public lands are horrible. the high populations of deer only exist on private and areas that don't allow hunting. the large tracts of public in the northern areas are close to 4 or 5 deer per square mile and even that's not correct because they actually are more like pockets of 15 to 20 using about 200 acer sections every 2 miles. the only new growth we get are created buy natural disasters, and road crews clearing woods from road edges. then we spread tones of salt in winter on roads then that salt leaches into soil and the plants and stumps soak it in. then the deer live buy the roads all summer and eat the salt rich plants so they wind up getting hit buy cars seeking out minerals and food. it really is sad because NJ is a sleeper state for big bucks they just don't get old enough most of the time. my state could produce bucks in the 160 to 180 range every year if they could just make it. we have rich soils just bad food and habitat and heavily pressured pubic lands and every year it gets more flooded with hunters because all the private is being bought out buy anti hunters. after gun season 90% of our mature bucks ae in areas that cant be hunted the deer drivers push them clear out.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 am

ghoasthunter wrote:this stuff happens every place in NJ problem is we don't have any law enforcement to deal with it and unless a game warden sees you doing it you cant be charged. NJ is the wild west for game laws most people kill deer right off the back porch under a spotlight buy me. I don't even bother reporting it anymore we have illegal atv and horse trails everyplace on our public grounds. major poaching with spotlights. and democrats that cancel our forestry plans humans are natures biggest threat. if you look at statistics on internet you will see that NJ has a lot of deer but its all false our public lands are horrible. the high populations of deer only exist on private and areas that don't allow hunting. the large tracts of public in the northern areas are close to 4 or 5 deer per square mile and even that's not correct because they actually are more like pockets of 15 to 20 using about 200 acer sections every 2 miles. the only new growth we get are created buy natural disasters, and road crews clearing woods from road edges. then we spread tones of salt in winter on roads then that salt leaches into soil and the plants and stumps soak it in. then the deer live buy the roads all summer and eat the salt rich plants so they wind up getting hit buy cars seeking out minerals and food. it really is sad because NJ is a sleeper state for big bucks they just don't get old enough most of the time. my state could produce bucks in the 160 to 180 range every year if they could just make it. we have rich soils just bad food and habitat and heavily pressured pubic lands and every year it gets more flooded with hunters because all the private is being bought out buy anti hunters. after gun season 90% of our mature bucks ae in areas that cant be hunted the deer drivers push them clear out.

You just wrote the story for eastern and southern Ontario. I sure there are a lot of north eastern states that fit that bill as well. Terrible man.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:58 am

Babshaft wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:this stuff happens every place in NJ problem is we don't have any law enforcement to deal with it and unless a game warden sees you doing it you cant be charged. NJ is the wild west for game laws most people kill deer right off the back porch under a spotlight buy me. I don't even bother reporting it anymore we have illegal atv and horse trails everyplace on our public grounds. major poaching with spotlights. and democrats that cancel our forestry plans humans are natures biggest threat. if you look at statistics on internet you will see that NJ has a lot of deer but its all false our public lands are horrible. the high populations of deer only exist on private and areas that don't allow hunting. the large tracts of public in the northern areas are close to 4 or 5 deer per square mile and even that's not correct because they actually are more like pockets of 15 to 20 using about 200 acer sections every 2 miles. the only new growth we get are created buy natural disasters, and road crews clearing woods from road edges. then we spread tones of salt in winter on roads then that salt leaches into soil and the plants and stumps soak it in. then the deer live buy the roads all summer and eat the salt rich plants so they wind up getting hit buy cars seeking out minerals and food. it really is sad because NJ is a sleeper state for big bucks they just don't get old enough most of the time. my state could produce bucks in the 160 to 180 range every year if they could just make it. we have rich soils just bad food and habitat and heavily pressured pubic lands and every year it gets more flooded with hunters because all the private is being bought out buy anti hunters. after gun season 90% of our mature bucks ae in areas that cant be hunted the deer drivers push them clear out.

You just wrote the story for eastern and southern Ontario. I sure there are a lot of north eastern states that fit that bill as well. Terrible man.
story of the whole eastern side of north America lol
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:26 am

ghoasthunter wrote:
Babshaft wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:

this stuff happens every place in NJ problem is we don't have any law enforcement to deal with it and unless a game warden sees you doing it you cant be charged. NJ is the wild west for game laws most people kill deer right off the back porch under a spotlight buy me. I don't even bother reporting it anymore we have illegal atv and horse trails everyplace on our public grounds. major poaching with spotlights. and democrats that cancel our forestry plans humans are natures biggest threat. if you look at statistics on internet you will see that NJ has a lot of deer but its all false our public lands are horrible. the high populations of deer only exist on private and areas that don't allow hunting. the large tracts of public in the northern areas are close to 4 or 5 deer per square mile and even that's not correct because they actually are more like pockets of 15 to 20 using about 200 acer sections every 2 miles. the only new growth we get are created buy natural disasters, and road crews clearing woods from road edges. then we spread tones of salt in winter on roads then that salt leaches into soil and the plants and stumps soak it in. then the deer live buy the roads all summer and eat the salt rich plants so they wind up getting hit buy cars seeking out minerals and food. it really is sad because NJ is a sleeper state for big bucks they just don't get old enough most of the time. my state could produce bucks in the 160 to 180 range every year if they could just make it. we have rich soils just bad food and habitat and heavily pressured pubic lands and every year it gets more flooded with hunters because all the private is being bought out buy anti hunters. after gun season 90% of our mature bucks ae in areas that cant be hunted the deer drivers push them clear out.

oh ghost i know brother new jersey is horrible at least down south it is and as much as they charge to hunt it should be number one whitetail state in the country
i am so glad i moved from that horrible over taxed state . i will never look back . i feel sorry for the honest hardworking hunter that does the right thing we always get the pffffffft
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:41 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
Babshaft wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:

oh ghost i know brother new jersey is horrible at least down south it is and as much as they charge to hunt it should be number one whitetail state in the country
i am so glad i moved from that horrible over taxed state . i will never look back . i feel sorry for the honest hardworking hunter that does the right thing we always get the pffffffft

I honestly don't let it bother me too much I just do my thing and still manage to kill big bucks its all part of the challenge and even with all the issues I still love to hunt NJ a person would drive themselves mad if they worry about everything that's wrong. I just set my own personal goals and get it done.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”