busted, now what?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

busted, now what?

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 am

I have a trick Id like to share that might just allow you to shoot a deer a that has pegged you.
years ago I was bow hunting and a doe busted me. She was doing the head bob and snorting. It made me mad because she was alerting all nearby deer. I decided to fawn bleat at her. I just used my mouth to bleat. she just froze right up. then I thought I wonder if I could draw on her. I put my bow up and drew back. I could have smoked her. I didnt shoot.
I think bleating caused just enough confusion in her mind to allow me to draw. I know this never would have worked if i just tried to draw without bleating.

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: busted, now what?

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 am

magicman54494 wrote:I have a trick Id like to share that might just allow you to shoot a deer a that has pegged you.
years ago I was bow hunting and a doe busted me. She was doing the head bob and snorting. It made me mad because she was alerting all nearby deer. I decided to fawn bleat at her. I just used my mouth to bleat. she just froze right up. then I thought I wonder if I could draw on her. I put my bow up and drew back. I could have smoked her. I didnt shoot.
I think bleating caused just enough confusion in her mind to allow me to draw. I know this never would have worked if i just tried to draw without bleating.

This worked for me last season also. Whenever I saw a doe in the area and it was towards quitting time I experimented how they would react to a bleat call. Pretty interesting.
Wetfoot
500 Club

Re: busted, now what?

Unread postby Wetfoot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 am

magicman54494 wrote:I have a trick Id like to share that might just allow you to shoot a deer a that has pegged you.
:lol:
While scouting a few years back, I jumped a doe. As she was running off, I snorted at her. She not only stopped dead in her tracks but walked a complete circle around me. She started to leave a couple different times. Each time I hit her with a grunt and she went back to trying to figure me out. Finally busted out laughing and yelled boo! She finally figured me out. :lol: You just never know!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”