A Beasts passion

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JAK
500 Club

A Beasts passion

Unread postby JAK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 am

How would you guys say your passion for hunting has changed since finding the beast?
I went from she'd hunting a few times a year and hunting the same stands on the same private I always hunted.
Once I found the beast and started to have success finding these bedding area's I couldn't keep myself out of the woods it instilled a new love of hunting in me which I'm very greatfull for. Just curious on how it affected how all you guys enjoy the sport.

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: A Beasts passion

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:27 am

I feel the same way and after being taught by the man himself for two days all i think about is scouting where too look next get on the forum ask questions look at maps some more watch marsh dvd and repeat
I feel born again with hope and confidence that i will succeed with hard work and determination it will come
Bogle

Unread postby Bogle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 am

Honestly, I would say it has made hunting an all consuming hobby for me. I used to fish quite a bit and my vacations etc.... would rotate around fishing trips. Now I find myself constantly looking at maps, scouting new properties and thinking on how I can be more successful in the upcoming season.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

My passion has always been extremely high well before the Beast as I always hunted and scouted hard since the first time I picked up a bow. These days with what I have learned in the past 10 years I harness all that energy much more productively and am much more focussed in what I do. I find myself scouting and hunting with much more purpose now instead of just grinding and hoping for the best. I honestly feel like every single hunt is going to be the day I kill my biggest buck. Years ago I didn’t have that confidence mostly because more often than not I was hunting low percentage spots. Attention to the details is my biggest advantage now.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 am

My passion hasn't changed, but how I go about things has changed quite a bit since joining. It was not uncommon for me to hunt everyday of the season in years past, after seeing how others on site juggle family time it left me feeling a lil guilty.

I hunted a handful of times early season this year and spent time with family and did other things around the house. In return life on the Homefront was a lot better and I didn't have that dreaded feeling of guilt.

In the future I plan on doing similar and just filling my doe tags early and staying out of the woods until the odds swing in my favor. This season while I was usually burned out by prime time I was refreshed, alert and ready to give it my best shot when it counts.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 am

I always loved deer hunting but wouldn't get excited untill few months before season. Now it's consumed me
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 pm

My passion has been extremely strong for quite awhile and is not slowing down. I’ll be hungry until I shoot a 130 or up. I hate to put a number on it, but I have high expectations for myself. I’m at the age now where I should be in the prime of my hunting career but I’m just not there yet. Perhaps beast tactics will help me over the hump. :D
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Ever since I started deer hunting I have been completely consumed with it. HB didn't change anything for my passion, and I was already very close to these tactics just learning on my own. I already had all the pieces of the puzzle, I just didn't know how they all fit together. Now that I have a better handle on it I do get more excited about scouting, and have more confidence in my spots.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Growing up it was always about opening day of gun season. Couldn't sleep the night before. There would be about 15 of us. Since I found the beast I became a loner and now it's all about scouting and knowing where to hunt and when to hunt. To be honest I look forward to a scoutu my day just as much as I would.of I had my bow in my hands. Knowledge is key. I think that's the best tip I learned from joining the beast. Don't get me wrong the times when I was younger was full of memories but as i got older I realized I became more successful by myself or helping others harvest an animal.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm

daveynewman wrote:Growing up it was always about opening day of gun season. Couldn't sleep the night before. There would be about 15 of us. Since I found the beast I became a loner and now it's all about scouting and knowing where to hunt and when to hunt. To be honest I look forward to a scoutu my day just as much as I would.of I had my bow in my hands. Knowledge is key. I think that's the best tip I learned from joining the beast. Don't get me wrong the times when I was younger was full of memories but as i got older I realized I became more successful by myself or helping others harvest an animal.

I agree dave. 100%
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

I have always obsessed over TRYING to kill big bucks.
I started thinking outside the box a few years ago and started getting consistent on big bucks.
The Beast has me thinking even further outside of the box.
The more my confidence goes up, the more I am driven to repeat past success.
:violence-bowandarrow:
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Yep i think i enjoy scouting more than hunting. It is cool to walk around and think of the possibilities, trying to find "the spot".
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:16 pm

daveynewman wrote:Growing up it was always about opening day of gun season. Couldn't sleep the night before. There would be about 15 of us. Since I found the beast I became a loner and now it's all about scouting and knowing where to hunt and when to hunt. To be honest I look forward to a scoutu my day just as much as I would.of I had my bow in my hands. Knowledge is key. I think that's the best tip I learned from joining the beast. Don't get me wrong the times when I was younger was full of memories but as i got older I realized I became more successful by myself or helping others harvest an animal.

This is pretty well my story. Deer hunting was about the first week of gun season up at the camp. I always enjoyed waterfowl and turkey hunting more growing up because I understood birds better than deer.

Then one rifle season, I realized I just liked being in the woods. I started bow hunting 2 years ago and had no idea what to do. The beast has been answering all my questions. I wish I had found it sooner. But the more I learn and scout the more they think I’m crazy and the more of a lone hurter I become. Oh well, I’m really enjoying it so it doesn’t bother me.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm

hunter_mike wrote:Yep i think i enjoy scouting more than hunting. It is cool to walk around and think of the possibilities, trying to find "the spot".

To me scouting it's almost more exciting to cyber scout then go find the beds in there as it is to see one come out of the bed :P
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 pm

My enjoyment of hunting and excitement to get out and scout, hunt and shoot my bow has increased exponentially since finding the beast. Gone from a hobby to an addiction. Might be a problem actually. Think they have whitetails anonymous?

But really, something clicked in my head. Get way more excited for opener of gun season now, think about hunting every day, check out aerials and topos daily, doing a lot of internet scouting. Starting to get in the way of fishing, but I still put lots of time aside for that when the seasons call.

The things I enjoy the most in life are things I am good at. I enjoy fishing because I am good at it. I enjoy calculus and physics because I am good at it. But for some reason I enjoy hunting, something I am not that good at, maybe I enjoy knowing that I have something to challenge me and push me to get better and to be the best.

I don't know what the answer is. My passion has grown since joining the beast. I'll end my thoughts there :think:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”