A Beasts passion

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Grant

Re: A Beasts passion

Unread postby Grant » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm

I watched my brother tackle public land and eventually after a LOT of work and scouting, he began to have some success.

I'll admit that I'm jealous and want to do the public land thing but have 2 small kids and a wife, and it's tough to get away.

I started out hunting fantastic private land for years. The hunting and deer numbers were sensational. Looking back, I was never a very good deer hunter, although it's the only thing I thought about all year round.

As I've gotten older, my obsession with deer hunting has dimmed, mostly because my hunting strategy relied on rut hunting (hoping a buck would chase a doe past the stand). That has been hit or miss, and again, really shortens my deer season. All because I didn't know what I was doing...

With a new proven system to try, my goal this year is to do some legitimate scouting and find a handful of bedding areas and kill A deer on public land to prove to myself that these tactics work and that I can make it happen. That really has renewed my passion.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”