Trust

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonehead

Re: Trust

Unread postby Bonehead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:33 am

I have a cousin who has put me on some great bucks on his property in a neighbor state over the years. I will definitely try and help him if I can, but he is usually already on a shooter.
I hope to find a new lease in my state so he can come and I can pay him back for his generosity.
My very best spots in my state I share with another cousin who has been only hunting for 3 years. We scout and prepare stand sights beast style. He is learning how to hunt, and will be doing it the right way...Beast style!
I’ve hunted for 30 years and have killed my fair share of good bucks. I only recently discovered Beast. I’m looking forward to trying some of these new tactics I’ve been learning from Dan and some of the other incredible hunters on this sight. Hopefully you can teach a old dog new tricks.

Babscanes

Unread postby Babscanes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 am

loose lips sink ships.

I only talk with very very close friends or family. None of them will burn me and vise versa. Some I hunt with and others I don't. You can never be to careful, once a spot is ruined its ruined.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 am

I've got a guy I work with who is a big-time hunter and fisherman - we're sharing stuff back and forth. Nothing groundbreaking or top secret, but info just the same. It's nice not to have to suspect everyone.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am

My dad is the person I enjoy talking to the most about this type of stuff. Unfortunately, he is friends with everyone in town and loves to chat people up. He doesn't purposefully give up any sensitive info, he just doesn't know any better because he doesn't hunt the same way we do, and doesn't understand the importance of keeping spots quiet. I have to be keenly aware that anything I tell him may filter to area hunters as well.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 am

Me and bigburner ended up actually finding out that our daughters work together and attend the same hs. And actually are friends. Such a small world. Well what a great guy we talked for over an hour on the phone today and i totaly trust him he’s a beast brother. Me and him are gonna hook up and he gonna pull me out of the marsh and teach me the big woods stuff. Cant wait.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 am

Lopedog699 wrote:Me and bigburner ended up actually finding out that our daughters work together and attend the same hs. And actually are friends. Such a small world. Well what a great guy we talked for over an hour on the phone today and i totaly trust him he’s a beast brother. Me and him are gonna hook up and he gonna pull me out of the marsh and teach me the big woods stuff. Cant wait.

Now that is unreal man! Awesome stuff buddy! Crazy how small the world is sometimes.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

Babshaft wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:Me and bigburner ended up actually finding out that our daughters work together and attend the same hs. And actually are friends. Such a small world. Well what a great guy we talked for over an hour on the phone today and i totaly trust him he’s a beast brother. Me and him are gonna hook up and he gonna pull me out of the marsh and teach me the big woods stuff. Cant wait.

Now that is unreal man! Awesome stuff buddy! Crazy how small the world is sometimes.

Looking forward to it!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 am

I do have one friend I share details with about spots. He is the only one that knows. I am pretty particular about it. We have a pretty good understanding. For instance, he was in one of my spots that I scouted and turned him on to. First night of the season, he had a great buck make it by him. Next day, he did not hunt it. It was within my right to do it...but pretty sleezy to do...even though he would have been fine with me going in there.

I will say...what goes around, comes around.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm

mainebowhunter wrote:I do have one friend I share details with about spots. He is the only one that knows. I am pretty particular about it. We have a pretty good understanding. For instance, he was in one of my spots that I scouted and turned him on to. First night of the season, he had a great buck make it by him. Next day, he did not hunt it. It was within my right to do it...but pretty sleezy to do...even though he would have been fine with me going in there.

Out of curiosity, same situation you described but it is the next to last day of season for him and he isn't hunting last day, do you go in and kill that deer?
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:57 pm

I've got one hunting buddy. We share Intel and strategy. He is welcome to shoot anything, anywhere I have scouted, set, or seen sign in.
If I was on a particular deer and still had opportunity to hunt it I believe he would leave it for me. If I seen a deer I couldn't get for whatever reason, I would want him to go in and get it. Especially on public, where someone else could shoot him.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm

wolverinebuckman wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:I do have one friend I share details with about spots. He is the only one that knows. I am pretty particular about it. We have a pretty good understanding. For instance, he was in one of my spots that I scouted and turned him on to. First night of the season, he had a great buck make it by him. Next day, he did not hunt it. It was within my right to do it...but pretty sleezy to do...even though he would have been fine with me going in there.

Out of curiosity, same situation you described but it is the next to last day of season for him and he isn't hunting last day, do you go in and kill that deer?

With him? Absolutely since I am the one that found the deer and scouted the spot to begin with. But it would be all on the up and up. He is not nearly into this thing like I am. He is in it for the kill. I am in it for the hunt. And he is the first one to admit it.

We hunt the same deer at different times. He is my best friend...known him since we were neighbors when I was 5yrs old.

We have dragged out a lot of big bucks together over the last 10yrs. Some of the best memories and best times you can have.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm

mainebowhunter wrote:
wolverinebuckman wrote:

With him? Absolutely since I am the one that found the deer and scouted the spot to begin with. But it would be all on the up and up. He is not nearly into this thing like I am. He is in it for the kill. I am in it for the hunt. And he is the first one to admit it.

We hunt the same deer at different times. He is my best friend...known him since we were neighbors when I was 5yrs old.

We have dragged out a lot of big bucks together over the last 10yrs. Some of the best memories and best times you can have.

That's cool, that's a great friendship to have!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Hunting I am pretty close to my dad and thats about it. He won't go through the work I do so I'm not worried.

Fishing I am way more open because being in "the spot" doesn't get you much. Still have to catch them. Have one beast I talk to regularly about ice fishing and try to share spots, although he gives me way more than I can give him :lol:

That being said, I'll trust a beast thats been here awhile more than I trust guys I know personally. Haven't met a beast I haven't liked yet
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Bowfisher

Unread postby Bowfisher » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm

This is a perfect thread, shows how much we beasts care about what we do. I'm ALWAYS looking to connect with more people like us. I'm in northernish WV, if anyone on here ever wants to talk hunting or connect feel more than free to reach out! I love talking deer! But especially with guys from here, this community has so much knowledge and some great people!
Brickhouse

Unread postby Brickhouse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 am

My dad is really the only one I can talk to about my hunting spots. I've been burned way too many times. We hunt together and talk about places we've seen nice bucks. I'd happily pass up a shot at a shooter so that he could shoot it and I know he'd do the same for me. I think one of the wensel brothers said something one time about having a hunting partner and both people hoping the other one shot a deer before they did.

When it comes to goose hunting I've got a tight core couple buddies and a few other guys we hunt with sometimes. The three of us scout together and we all have the same mindset and drive to succeed. We are all open with each other and have a high level of trust between us. It's not really something we talk about, it's just there and has developed over several years of hunting together.

I've always told myself that losing a spot is not that important, losing a friendship isn't worth any buck or limit of geese. Just irritating when it does happen but it's still not worth causing a bad relationship.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”