Trust

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Trust

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 am

Might want to test your new friend with some spots that don't matter much prior to taking them to the "lobster honey hole"

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 am

rfickes87 wrote:I'm glad to say DarkKnight on here has been that guy for me.

I try to talk beast hunting with my bow hunting friends that I've grown up with but they either don't listen or care or think its hocus pocus.

:handgestures-thumbupright: Yep I agree w that. Its tough to talk with guys after changing how you hunt.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 am

Darkknight54 wrote:

I try to talk beast hunting with my bow hunting friends that I've grown up with but they either don't listen or care or think its hocus pocus.

:handgestures-thumbupright: Yep I agree w that. Its tough to talk with guys after changing how you hunt.

100% agree! I know people who have hunted the exact same way for 30 plus years who average one decent buck every 8 or 9 years. Yet they refuse to change and admitt they are wrong or there is a better way. It just baffles me how some can go out repeatedly doing the samething getting the same results and not automatically change there ways. A similar example is in cooking, if u continually burn the heck out of your chicken on the bbq do you just say oh well better luck next time or do you think there might be a better way here to cook this bird! Just seems what ever takes the least amount of effort is always the most popular method in anything in life.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:

100% agree! I know people who have hunted the exact same way for 30 plus years who average one decent buck every 8 or 9 years. Yet they refuse to change and admitt they are wrong or there is a better way. It just baffles me how some can go out repeatedly doing the samething getting the same results and not automatically change there ways. A similar example is in cooking, if u continually burn the heck out of your chicken on the bbq do you just say oh well better luck next time or do you think there might be a better way here to cook this bird! Just seems what ever takes the least amount of effort is always the most popular method in anything in life.o

You nailed it!
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:54 am

I'd trust my wife and both brothers. I've invited both but no takers yet. Love to find a guy to hunt with :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:00 am

dan wrote:Might want to test your new friend with some spots that don't matter much prior to taking them to the "lobster honey hole"

:lol: This made me laugh.

I don't have a honey hole, so it wouldn't matter for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:02 am

People never cease to amaze me. The older I get the less I care to share knowledge of a lot of things. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people care only about themselves and at the end of the day.. they’ll one up you anyway they can. Now that’s not true for everyone, but if your concerned, why risk it? Loose lips sink ships.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:25 am

I'm fine with it if my secret spots stay secret as soon as I get burnt I think I would be done.. Fishing on the other hand doesn't bother me anymore got a few spots I keep to myself but seems like nothing stays secret with Navionics and all the tecnoligy these days
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:50 am

Im very careful never to invade a friends spot or even share anything they tell me. It helps id really rather hear about others stories than hunt myself so it works out. After a year or two they realize im no threat and the tension of that part of the friendship is over.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:57 am

I call or text one person to help me. When I have hit one . I do it myself if at all possible. I usually do tracking by myself before I ever let anybody know. When at farm there is usually just one who knows until I pull in front yard at farm.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:14 pm

The only disadvantage i have being moved to a new state i know noone any when i kill one a mile back through muck and water i dont know anyone to help me get it out
But that might be a good thing
Bogle

Unread postby Bogle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Treat it like your Tarpon spots.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:28 pm

Call me crazy but I have some hunting buddies I'll only see during deer or duck season. When they take me to their "honey holes" it's like a redneck proposal :lol:

Seriously though if you have a buddy that's willing to take you to one of their honey holes, you best respect that. Thats one aspect I love about the woods, people often feel like they won't get caught so the true colors begin to shine. Be it stealing or something simple like hunting your friends spot they trusted you to..

If a buddy shows me a good spot I may scout it after season and see what's going on. If a big deer is bedding in there I'll ask him if he has any intentions on hunting it. If yes, I'll try to coordinate something where we can both possibly succeed. Or I'll back off and tell him what I know and wait for the phone call.

No sense in losing a friendship over a deer.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
SRWbowhunter

Unread postby SRWbowhunter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 pm

My dad is the only person I will fully share with any and all exact spots and sightings on public or private. Got one or two buddies who I can and do share a lot with, as they won’t burn me, but certain situations still won’t get full disclosure
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:09 am

Usually takes quite a bit of time to figure out how trustworthy a person is....and still everyone has a price. Not always money, but there's probably something.

I also think its not very smart to temp people much. That's not very PC these days where everyone is supposed to act like an innocent victim but I think its true...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”