Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HoosierG5
500 Club

Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Was watching the Jan 8th episode of Midwest Whitetail. Caleb Byers said at least 3-4x “just my luck” when things weren’t perfect. Deer winded him-just my luck. 150 inch buck doesnt stick around long enough for a shot-just my luck. Shoots a great buck and one antler comes off during the recovery-just my luck. Granted, he was hunting out of one of the $3,000 Muddy Blinds, and had 40+ deer in the standing beans he was hunting. Really-just my luck??!!!! Get a grip MW. I love to hunt, and I love most things related to hunting, but these shows are so far from the reality most of us live its ridiculous.

Ashreve93

Re: Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm

I couldn't agree more.. too many people complaining about "bad luck." I would consider myself lucky to see a big buck. Yea, there's some skill that put me in the spot, but there's still some luck in there. Most hunters I know don't complain about bad luck, but instead, get excited about having 5 seconds of "good luck." The hunting industry is going down hill.. Good thing there are guys like Dan who has a video centered around your outlook of the hunt, and how you should smile instead of complain. If I followed everything the "pros" did, I would be unhappy and BROKE! Instead I'm happy.. andbroke because I'm married. :lol:
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
Wild public
Facebook: Joe Mckinney

Unread postby Wild public » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm

I like Midwest whitetail because I enjoy watching hunting. But I realize that what they share there is not relatable to any of the hunting I do..eastern Kentucky,,low deer density, big woods..public land..what I truly get excited about is something i can apply to my hunting,,something I can learn to better MY hunt..that’s why I love the beast videos and this forum,,now that I’ve found it. Already found 2 good bedding areas to hunt next year. Can’t wait ...and I appreciate how everyone is willing to share on this site..
OH nontypical
500 Club

Unread postby OH nontypical » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 pm

These shows are Hollywood. Just entertainment. Keep that in mind and don’t get too caught up in what they are doing.

Most of these guys are decent guys they are just taking advantage of the situation they have and they really think they are great hunters. Many of these guys did start out hunting Public they just have it better than most now and have forgotten where they came from.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Ever since Aaron & Zach left, I haven't watched it once. I watch nothing that isn't hunting public land.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:04 pm

I agree also.
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup bra with a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 am

Agree. MW made a big mistake getting rid of the public guys. I thought the same thing watching that episode. Stop complaining and start having fun.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:54 am

Lopedog699 wrote:I agree also.
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup brawith a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.

Lope Tiff doesn’t have a push up bra in her closet! Lee paid way too much money for those things for her to need any more enhancements. She prolly doesn’t need a regular bra.
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 am

I don't watch anything hunting related on TV anymore.
None of it applies to anything I do.
:violence-bowandarrow:
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 am

matt1336 wrote:
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup brawith a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.

Lope Tiff doesn’t have a push up bra in her closet! Lee paid way too much money for those things for her to need any more enhancements. She prolly doesn’t need a regular bra.

I was thinking it, you said it!!! :lol:
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 am

matt1336 wrote:

Yea. Your probably right.matt. Lmao. Im not saying she’s not a pretty little thing she is its a shame though
I cant believe lee would allow his wife to be used for ratings like that. And nobody can say its not like that with that show lol. Dam she is pretty though lmao hahahahahahaha
ChasingFLATS86

Unread postby ChasingFLATS86 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 am

I have watched very few hunting shows for the past 7-8 years. Boy I tell you what before that I was sucked in. I can't lie though I enjoyed it, they were fun and the new gear! who fosnt like buying new gear lol.. In the long run I'm the one who out grew them as a hunter. The shows didn't out grow me, for the most part the have stayed the same since I stopped watching IMO. From the stars of the show to the writers and camera men/woman, they are just trying to make a living like the rest of us maybe try and see it from there point of view. I would not put to much thought into the theatrics of the show and put the thought into what it is you enjoy about the show. If the complaining was enough to ruin the show for me I would simply stop watching it. I also know, I sure wouldn't appreciate a bunch of random people discussing my wife on an open forum or any public media for that fact.
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. That means we should listen twice as much as we talk.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am

matt1336 wrote:

Regardless of how you view outdoor shows let's leave comments like these out of our forum. We're better than shaming some guys wife and she can wear whatever she wants. Granted I've never seen anybody hunting like that but we also don't have to watch the shows. I think most realize we hunt under different circumstances.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 am

Caleb is by far not the most well spoken person on MW. I don't know if he is nervous on camera of if he always talks like that, but he says some dumb stuff. I probably would too as I don't like cameras.

I have all but given up on the show. It is just completely unrealistic for my style of hunting, and boring with all of the redneck blind hunts over food plots. When I see people passing bucks bigger than I will ever see, because they want to see what they look like next year I lose interest pretty quick. The buck Caleb passed on in a recent episode is ridiculous, and completely unrealistic for me. I really liked the show in the past, but I think I will stick with the Hunting Public from now on and will probably unsubscribe from MW next year.

They seem like nice guys (and girl) and good hunters, and produce a top quality show, just not my style of hunting.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 am

I just watch for the big deer. It's cool to see the size of some of those monsters!

That and the product voice over guy when he says "and Realtree". I wonder if I can make that a text alert tone :think:
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”