PA HUNTERS

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

daveynewman
500 Club

PA HUNTERS

Unread postby daveynewman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 am

Hey guys got a few questions. My season ends beginning of December and I hear you guys go until the end of january. Being from new York I'd like to get a license to hunt there next season. I think the closest would be Erie pa to new York. Any good state land there worth hunting that late in the season and is it fire arm or bow or muzzle ? And how much would the liscense and tags cost. Just trying other avenues since my season always ends so early

PAHUNTER570

Re: PA HUNTERS

Unread postby PAHUNTER570 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 am

Late season in PA is a flintlock/archery season. Not sure on non resident tags but I cant imagine it being much. I'm from the opposite end of PA but I'm sure there are lots of National Forest, SGL, and fish commission properties around Erie. Not much around that area except woods.

Hope this helps you a little bit
PAHUNTER570

Unread postby PAHUNTER570 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 am

Alleghany National Forest is near Erie. That's a ton of land to play around on
harold

Unread postby harold » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:55 am

You'd need a nonresident general hunting license (includes a buck tag) and either a nonresident archery or muzzleloader license. I think the NR general licenses are +/-$100 and the NR archery/muzzleloader licenses +/-$25. If you intend to target doe with archery equipment you'd also need to apply for a nonresident doe tag in your WMU of choice (I think those are another +/-$25). It can get pretty pricey. I lived out of state for several years. Muzzleloader is flintlock only with open sights; no inlines. Nice thing is you can use your general license buck tag as a doe tag if using a flintlock in the late season (you can't do this if hunting archery). The season runs from the day after Christmas 12/26 thru the second or third saturday in January usually (1/13 this year). I can't help on where to hunt unless you come a little further east but I know there is plenty of public land out that way. Maybe check out PGC's website; they have a cool interactive map that shows state game lands.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”