New PA Record Typical

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigburner

Re: New PA Record Typical

Unread postby Bigburner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 am

The keystone state getting it done. That’s a monarch for sure.

Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
PAHUNTER570

Unread postby PAHUNTER570 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 am

My uncle shot a 144in deer on October 26th this year on Public. From the 22nd to Halloween my cameras had a lot of day light big buck activity.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am

Amazing animal! Sounds like the hunter spent some time scouting and worked hard for the deer. With that said...

I just don't believe it was killed on the game lands though. I very well could be wrong I probably am wrong but I really believe bucks like that, in the 150"+ class range can be found more commonly in the suburbs of western PA. The hunter is from west newton. The big woods is far from where he lives. And yes they can grow that big on big public game lands but there are a lot of small suburban public hunting areas in Westmoreland county, close to where the hunter is from. Some small areas that people don't even know about. Also the game commision said in there statement "public land" not "game lands". So im sure they would have loved to say game lands and promote their product. But they just said public. So to me I think it was a small parcel that's a public conservancy.

Either way amazing animal and good for all of us bc this should only help hunting sales and further show hunters that PA isn't a joke anymore. Im happy for the hunter and all us PA hunters.
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
Greg4579

Unread postby Greg4579 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm

This article said Forbes State Forest.
https://adventures.everybodyshops.com/p ... whitetail/
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 am

Great buck, got to watch the video on Facebook. Not that I care, but from what I've read there are a lot of holes in the story. But I guess I would definitely make sure nobody knew where I was hunting either after that type of success. :lol:

To any other PA hunters, I know not all bucks are recorded in it, but check out the big game records and sort by county, you start getting a pretty good feel for where a lot of the bigger bucks are shot around the state. Pretty interesting data.
Octoberjohn

Unread postby Octoberjohn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:39 am

Congrats to the hunter! From the sounds of things he used trail cams to pattern the buck. I really would like to hear the real story though. There is no way he was the only person that knew that buck was around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”