Two part question....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Two part question....

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 am

Lopedog699 wrote:I use weather underground and windfinder pro
Windfinder pro is pretty easy to use and has a 10 day wind direction forcast with speeds predictions on wind changes and what times changes will occur along with temperatures rain or snow forcast. Cloudy or sunny
And you can have multiple locations saved for area references
Very user friendly and easily read weather underground has been wierd the last couple weeks for some reason.
But im sure they will fix it soon. Imo Best weather and wind apps out there by far
scoutlook is nice to see what wind is doing at stand locations with a scent cone but im not paying another 9.99.$ just to look at a scent cone
App subscriptions really add up after awhile
I would definately invest in an app like onx or
Geo pak hunt or windfinder Wunderground is free

I have the free version of Scoutlook and Scent Cone is included.

pilgrimhunter

Unread postby pilgrimhunter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm

I use Noaa weather. Has been pretty accurate for me but terrain can mess with direction a lot. Been using Noaa weather finder app on my phone. Can look at hourly forecast nicely.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:46 am

Ok good. We just got slammed with storm. 12 inches and we should have great week of deer movement the next week or so ill keep track of that weather app too as long as its free lol
Thnks dewey
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:15 am

I actually use the weather channel app most frequently and it seems to be fine, and then as others have said get to know how areas you hunt behave compared to what is reported.

Also, plenty of milkweed suppliers around here. I could be one too. Careful with thistles. Nasty invasive in a lot of areas, so probably don't want to be spreading it around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”