Rechargeable hand warmer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

checkerfred
500 Club

Re: Rechargeable hand warmer

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:39 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:I usually use glomitts and tuck the disposable hand warmer in the end for my fingertips.

It is nice to hear that it works as advertised. I bet that it would be great for a muff.

Bob

That’s what I do too. Would be nice to have some mini version of these and be able to have one in each glove

gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:33 pm

I have one that also charges your phone, a firecel +, and find the disposable ones to work best (esp w a warmer muff).
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Lockdown wrote:Just got one made by Boneview and have taken it on two hunts. I got the recommendation from a a guy on a hunting page on FB. I checked out 4 or 5 other brands and the reviews for this model were the best.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N92A7 ... ref=plSrch

Buy one. You’ll never buy those crappy disposables ever again. This thing gets HOT. They advertise 120 degrees.

I’ve got one and want another :D one is fine if you’ve got a hand muff. I just get tired of switching pockets and gloves with it.

I'm betting with a muff you could get away with medium? I might have to look into that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Lots of choices here now a days. Here what I use. No phone h agree but I could care less for that. I have 2 of these and they last me all day plus some since I only use them for 5 minutes at a time and then turn them off for a half hour then repeat. I use a muff with them and it works great.

Some of the problems I see with other electric hand warmers is they don’t heat up quickly at all. These are at operating temps within 2 minutes and after they’ve been turned off they remain hot for 20-30 minutes. Great little units.

https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-48011- ... B00VNGO95W
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm

tgreeno wrote:
Lockdown wrote:Just got one made by Boneview and have taken it on two hunts. I got the recommendation from a a guy on a hunting page on FB. I checked out 4 or 5 other brands and the reviews for this model were the best.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N92A7 ... ref=plSrch

Buy one. You’ll never buy those crappy disposables ever again. This thing gets HOT. They advertise 120 degrees.

I’ve got one and want another :D one is fine if you’ve got a hand muff. I just get tired of switching pockets and gloves with it.

I'm betting with a muff you could get away with medium? I might have to look into that.

Im sure it would be fine on low (not sure if I said medium earlier... it has 2 settings) in a muff. I’m not of the sure how much ambient air temp has an effect, I’m sure it does. Batteries never hold a charge as long in the cold. However I put it on low at 3:10 and it’s 8:50 and still going.

To me there’s not a big difference in the output from high to low. Yesterday at home when I had it on high my wife told me not to give it to my daughter because it was too hot ;) I did anyway and when Elli held it a few seconds she set it down and said it was too hot. It gets plenty warm. She eventually did hold it though. Just trying to give you guys an idea of the warmth it puts out.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:04 pm

I got one on the way as of a few min ago :dance:
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 pm

jmaas07 wrote:I got one on the way as of a few min ago :dance:

You’ll like it.

So it finally died. 5 hours 58 minutes on low.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Lockdown wrote:

You’ll like it.

6 hours is pretty darn good man!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm

jmaas07 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

You’ll like it.

6 hours is pretty darn good man!

It says 6-8 hours on the box. Is that false advertising? :lol:

I can’t wait to try out the phone charger on it. Hopefully it works good. I’ve killed my phone scouting multiple times with onX in airplane mode. Will prevent that problem and also be helpful for those long days hunting with hours spent perusing old threads on the Beast.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Just ordered mine. Will pay for itself in no time with less of a need for the crappy chemical ones for ice fishing and hunting. Thanks for the tips guys!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 am

Never looked into these much but I may have to based on some of the reviews. When temps drop like this week you remember how important it is to have gear that can keep you confortable on stand.
mikew36

Unread postby mikew36 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 am

I got a thermacell pair this year to try and they were complete junk. Wouldn't even work consistently, so at least avoid their ones if you go look for some.
straubam

Unread postby straubam » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 am

I take a normal thermacel and just don't put a pad in it. Put it in a muff and I stand hand warmer and they get hot kinda big but man if worked well was in -20 degrees yesterday and man my hands were good in there. Feet in other hand were froze.
SRWbowhunter

Unread postby SRWbowhunter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 am

I got one for Christmas and it definitely works! Agree with what lockdown had to say about it
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:54 am

Thanks for the reviews guys. I have been looking at these on and off for a few years now. It might be time to finally get one.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”