Buckfever

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

phade
500 Club

Re: Buckfever

Unread postby phade » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:33 am

wappkid wrote:I guess I am going to have to get myself mad. I focus pretty well when I get mad.I really don't want to relate it to hunting but I am going to have to figure something out to get it done.

This is what I do. I started getting mad when it came time to go through the shot cycle. I don't know why it works, but it just does. I zone out, get hyper-focused and it's like auto-pilot. I've missed a few great bucks in my time, but something just connected when I realized I was putting in the effort all year to make this shot happen and I got mad.

http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I think the mental control thing is key. I used to get all shook up but when I started to take a much more methodical approach to getting a buck I stopped having a problem with getting too shook up. One thing I do is visualize how a buck can approach and how I need to react in different scenarios while waiting. The easy situations and the difficult situations. I visualize all the way up to making a perfect shot. My subconscious mind may be jumping up and down and screaming when a big buck is walking in but physically I am icy calm and know I will get it done one way or another and I credit that to generally being prepared.
Jay

Unread postby Jay » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:43 pm

The more bucks you shoot the more you will keep it together. I've yet to get to that point :lol:
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 am

Like the song says.... "there ain't no cure!"
Killing more critters helps with time;-) pick a spot and zoom in on it. Watch the eyes, ears, and body language, not the rack once you decide to kill it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:36 am

I struggled with this for a long time.
One day I just started telling myself as the buck is coming that "I am gonna kill you" I repeat that over and over while focusing on "the spot" has worked for me ever since.
Forget about the past, it doesn't matter anymore.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”