Saddlehunter forum

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

flinginairos
500 Club

Re: Saddlehunter forum

Unread postby flinginairos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:02 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Dewey wrote:The only thing Dan ever said negative about John is he doesn't believe Scent Lok works. He never once got personal or said anything like his tactics are crazy, he will never respect him or questioning where he killed his bucks doubting that he killed them on highly pressured land. Unfortunately John chose to go down that road and it's really sad. I read everything on the SaddleHunter forum but chose to take the high road and not respond to it. Haters will hate but I refuse to go down that road. Anybody that has been here long enough knows the truth.

What really bothers me is the members here that go over on SaddleHunter and bash the Beast then come back here and talk us up. Really disappointed seeing that stuff. Not going to mention any names but they know who they are.

Why can't we all just get along. Both sites have an incredible amount of information to make us all better hunters. In the end that's all that matters.

I agree dewey both sites have great knowledge and instructors in them. Its the 2 faced trolls who start it rolling. I will say one thing i really wont be going over to that forum to much unless i have a parts or technique issue with my saddle. Not to be one sidded but i have listened to everything and anything on this topic
And john goes down a road i dont like torwards dan. And not once does dan take the bait and say or opinion anything about john or scent lok. The only thing dan says is that scent lok works but is not 100% and ozonics is on the right track if you want cancer for killing scent
So for john eb to go there it shows me an arrogance i never seen in him and do not like. So this is my home and where im gonna stay

I agree and I really didn't see a need for what he said at all. I've never once heard Dan say anything bad about him, only that he doesn't believe in scent control. Maybe John takes offense to that like Dan is against him, which I don't think is the case. The things he said were out of line IMO. I stay out of all the scent debate crap on any forum, it just never ends up in a civil manner :?

SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:12 am

The initial comment certainly was out of the blue, as if JE was waiting for a chance to vent/rant. Saddlehunter has it's share of loyal JE followers and Thebeast has the Dan followers. I just want information. I come here for tactics and go there to glean gear ideas.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:21 am

SamPotter wrote:The initial comment certainly was out of the blue, as if JE was waiting for a chance to vent/rant. Saddlehunter has it's share of loyal JE followers and Thebeast has the Dan followers. I just want information. I come here for tactics and go there to glean gear ideas.

Same here. I'm not into drama and finger pointing (even tho i'm posting to this thread :lol:) Just makes me sad to see people bashing this place.
GcTerpfan

Unread postby GcTerpfan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:40 am

I have been reading the HB for a while but have never posted before. I actually found and joined the HB before I found Saddle Hunter, although I am far more active on Saddle Hunter. What I can tell you is the Saddle Hunter Forum is more open and welcoming to anybody and any discussion than any internet forum you will find, and Red works hard to keep it that way.

I am not sure what the big deal is or why the OP decided to start this post but, with the exception of John's post (which was unnecessary) the only negative things said by anybody on Saddle Hunter basically amounted to "there is a lot of good information on the Beast but they can be kind of closed minded". There are several posters on this thread that are completely mis-characterizing the Saddle Hunter forum itself the content of the couple of posts about the HB. People are also choosing not to point out that the conversation on Saddle Hunter was quickly shut down by a member and his post was liked and seconded by many other members. I find it a little humorous that this thread already has 2x as many posts bashing saddle hunter as there was on Saddle Hunter about the HB.

Just like John didn't need to post the original post over there, there was no reason for the OP to run over here and start drama. Both sites have lots if good information and I for one will continue learning from both. I am actually about to start watching the Hill Country DVD right now.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:07 am

flinginairos wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:
Dewey wrote:The only thing Dan ever said negative about John is he doesn't believe Scent Lok works. He never once got personal or said anything like his tactics are crazy, he will never respect him or questioning where he killed his bucks doubting that he killed them on highly pressured land. Unfortunately John chose to go down that road and it's really sad. I read everything on the SaddleHunter forum but chose to take the high road and not respond to it. Haters will hate but I refuse to go down that road. Anybody that has been here long enough knows the truth.

What really bothers me is the members here that go over on SaddleHunter and bash the Beast then come back here and talk us up. Really disappointed seeing that stuff. Not going to mention any names but they know who they are.

Why can't we all just get along. Both sites have an incredible amount of information to make us all better hunters. In the end that's all that matters.

I agree dewey both sites have great knowledge and instructors in them. Its the 2 faced trolls who start it rolling. I will say one thing i really wont be going over to that forum to much unless i have a parts or technique issue with my saddle. Not to be one sidded but i have listened to everything and anything on this topic
And john goes down a road i dont like torwards dan. And not once does dan take the bait and say or opinion anything about john or scent lok. The only thing dan says is that scent lok works but is not 100% and ozonics is on the right track if you want cancer for killing scent
So for john eb to go there it shows me an arrogance i never seen in him and do not like. So this is my home and where im gonna stay

I agree and I really didn't see a need for what he said at all. I've never once heard Dan say anything bad about him, only that he doesn't believe in scent control. Maybe John takes offense to that like Dan is against him, which I don't think is the case. The things he said were out of line IMO. I stay out of all the scent debate crap on any forum, it just never ends up in a civil manner :?

Totaly agree my brother. Totally
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 am

SH can keep that yellow bellied sap sucka!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:SH can keep that yellow bellied sap sucka!

Lmao
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:08 am

GcTerpfan wrote:I have been reading the HB for a while but have never posted before. I actually found and joined the HB before I found Saddle Hunter, although I am far more active on Saddle Hunter. What I can tell you is the Saddle Hunter Forum is more open and welcoming to anybody and any discussion than any internet forum you will find, and Red works hard to keep it that way.

I am not sure what the big deal is or why the OP decided to start this post but, with the exception of John's post (which was unnecessary) the only negative things said by anybody on Saddle Hunter basically amounted to "there is a lot of good information on the Beast but they can be kind of closed minded". There are several posters on this thread that are completely mis-characterizing the Saddle Hunter forum itself the content of the couple of posts about the HB. People are also choosing not to point out that the conversation on Saddle Hunter was quickly shut down by a member and his post was liked and seconded by many other members. I find it a little humorous that this thread already has 2x as many posts bashing saddle hunter as there was on Saddle Hunter about the HB.

Just like John didn't need to post the original post over there, there was no reason for the OP to run over here and start drama. Both sites have lots if good information and I for one will continue learning from both. I am actually about to start watching the Hill Country DVD right now.

This is place is far from closeminded. I really don’t get that statement. It is also welcoming and helpful. Ive only seen a one or two people over 5 years who were a little rude or smart alec. There’s that on every forum and if people claim there isn’t, they’re lying. Everyone is always helpful here so not sure where that came from. This isn’t your generalized hunting forum however. It focuses on tactics, that yes, do revolve around bed hunting, but I’ve seen so much more shared that specifically just that.

As for the OP’s post he was simply asking what the deal with Eberhert is and why the animosity toward Dan and the beast. I’ve not see anyone badmouth saddle hunter. I’m also a member over there and I’ve not experienced any animosity but I’m not really active and all my posts have been on threads with other beasts.

I didn’t get to read the thread the OP mentioned about bashing the beast so I don’t know what was said but it’s a shame that people with a love for hunting can’t come together just because they don’t agree with a tactic or whatever. I personally don’t believe in scent control but if you wanna spend your money on it I’m not gonna bash you over it.
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:57 am

Sounds like someone w/ a really big ego...wish John luck w/ that :lol: . Probably some good info on there but have no time for unhappy people.
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:03 am

The only two things I have ever seen that I would consider remotely close minded are topics around scent control and politics.

Like everything else in the world. Either grow a thick skin, or don’t push an opinion nobody agrees with.

I shot a busted up basket rack young buck this year. I posted it here with a story and got 3 pages of congratulations. No way I have enough downstairs to post that on other forums.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 am

GcTerpfan wrote:I have been reading the HB for a while but have never posted before. I actually found and joined the HB before I found Saddle Hunter, although I am far more active on Saddle Hunter. What I can tell you is the Saddle Hunter Forum is more open and welcoming to anybody and any discussion than any internet forum you will find, and Red works hard to keep it that way.

Enjoy the DVD and feel free to ask any questions you have about it. I think you'll be blown away by the willingness of Dan and many others to help you become the best hunter you can be. We are all here to learn from one another and our continuously growing knowledge would not be where it is without an open mind. That's why I'm here.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 am

I hate to say it Mr. Loper but I think you created this thread just for the attention. Dewey already posted in that thread on saddle hunter. He's a moderator here, so he obviously would've let Dan know that a particular individual was upset over how the scent control podcast went, and made some accusations that he should've kept to himself. There was no need to create a thread here. Dan had already taken the high road or I'm sure he would've fired back a lot sooner than you could create this thread. The guys here are too busy helping the new guys like me out too even notice the drama somewhere else and respond to it - part of the beauty of the beast.

That being said I'm a new member to both forums, and I contributed to that thread - I believe I may be the member that was referenced by GcTerpfan for shutting the negativity down. If not, sorry I thought too highly of myself for a second! haha

I'll repeat what I said there:

Both Dan and John are amazing, accomplished hunters. I have all of Dan's DVD's (thanks Uncle Lou) and all of John's books. The more I rewatch the DVD's and reread the books, the more I see similarities between the two. I see the same things on the forums. The big difference is how your scent gets managed - if you don't feel 100% confident in one method, do both! Try them all out until you know. If you do a full Eberhart scent control regimen and continuously get busted, give it up. If not, keep going. It's up to the individual to verify what they've been told with their own real world applications.

I've been a terribly unsuccessful hunter my whole life. I literally could not figure out what to do. I read John's book and realized I needed to be more mobile. That lead me to hunting out of a saddle, but the mobile tactics were still a bit of a guess. That lead me here. As soon as I opened the beast door, the world blew open and I've had the most successful year hunting of my life. I actually passed on bucks this year because I was certain I'd find another. Way different than the "brown it's down" mentality I kept my whole life.

So to stop my rambling (and hopefully this useless thread): thanks Dan for sharing all of this information with a dumb guy like me that couldn't figure it out. It absolutely changed my hunting life. Thanks to all of you here for all of the stuff you continue to share so that the guys like me can get the most out of their time in the woods. If you all only knew how much guys like me appreciate it, you'd be sharing your knowledge and experience in the other threads instead of shaking your heads and laughing at what's being said somewhere else.

Thanks again guys and happy new years from the great white north!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 am

Babshaft wrote:I hate to say it Mr. Loper but I think you created this thread just for the attention. Dewey already posted in that thread on saddle hunter. He's a moderator here, so he obviously would've let Dan know that a particular individual was upset over how the scent control podcast went, and made some accusations that he should've kept to himself. There was no need to create a thread here. Dan had already taken the high road or I'm sure he would've fired back a lot sooner than you could create this thread. The guys here are too busy helping the new guys like me out too even notice the drama somewhere else and respond to it - part of the beauty of the beast.

That being said I'm a new member to both forums, and I contributed to that thread - I believe I may be the member that was referenced by GcTerpfan for shutting the negativity down. If not, sorry I thought too highly of myself for a second! haha

I'll repeat what I said there:

Both Dan and John are amazing, accomplished hunters. I have all of Dan's DVD's (thanks Uncle Lou) and all of John's books. The more I rewatch the DVD's and reread the books, the more I see similarities between the two. I see the same things on the forums. The big difference is how your scent gets managed - if you don't feel 100% confident in one method, do both! Try them all out until you know. If you do a full Eberhart scent control regimen and continuously get busted, give it up. If not, keep going. It's up to the individual to verify what they've been told with their own real world applications.

I've been a terribly unsuccessful hunter my whole life. I literally could not figure out what to do. I read John's book and realized I needed to be more mobile. That lead me to hunting out of a saddle, but the mobile tactics were still a bit of a guess. That lead me here. As soon as I opened the beast door, the world blew open and I've had the most successful year hunting of my life. I actually passed on bucks this year because I was certain I'd find another. Way different than the "brown it's down" mentality I kept my whole life.

So to stop my rambling (and hopefully this useless thread): thanks Dan for sharing all of this information with a dumb guy like me that couldn't figure it out. It absolutely changed my hunting life. Thanks to all of you here for all of the stuff you continue to share so that the guys like me can get the most out of their time in the woods. If you all only knew how much guys like me appreciate it, you'd be sharing your knowledge and experience in the other threads instead of shaking your heads and laughing at what's being said somewhere else.

Thanks again guys and happy new years from the great white north!

Lmao.
If i wanted attention i would ask for it im 43 years old and dont really ask for it or never had too nor ever will
If you would have read the begining threads it would have explained y i made the thread
I am also new ( very new ) to this forum and love it
Its why so many posts and questions im posting
Dewey ,dan ,and whoever else read my thread knew of my intentions and that they were not attention seeking
I really dont care what you think nor ever will but Keep plugging you will get there bro like i also will keep chasing those 2 year olds like johnny e teaches how to kill ( i have all of his dvd’s and books too )
Good luck and happy new year
Lets all just bury this thread its over i got my answer
Thnks guys

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”