Buck encounter

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Buck encounter

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am

I just went out to my farm lease we have to put bait out for our doe thinning harvest (which i disagree with this year because we had ehd so bad)
Well i do t know if i spooked him up or what
I baited my front spot then walked around perimeter and baited back spot. After that i made my way back to my middle spot and i get to my stand ( we have clover cut lanes planted with clover and chikory grass etc they are like plot lanes). Well on the plot lane 25 yards fro me staring me down is a really nice 2-1/2 year old 9 pointer not a shooter but nice
He stands there staring at me then starts to walk torwards me almost zombie like
I then ( having my shotgun but of course its doe week and its does only) i brought it up to my shoulder cause he was coming to me (walking) im thinking is this thig gonna try to gore me ( i had orange hat and orange vest on)
Well he just slowly turns and starts to walk down the plot turning into a travel corridor the deer use
He then crosses the 2 track and starts to turn around and come back then turns around agin and crosses the two track onto another plot lane that leads to the fields
So i just watch. And every minute or so he would stop and look at me
Well i get done and head up to my truck and there he is between mre and the truck He stares at me and starts very slowly walking torwards my truck im walking behind him up the two track too my truck
About 5-10 yards to my truck he cuts in a trail which leads to another corrodor plot lane he just stands ther 15 yards from me staring at me going to my truck. I loaded my cart in the back banged stuff etc. he diddnt care almost like he was so curious of what i was doing he had to see what i was up too
Well i get in the truck start it and he walks to the plot lane and i watched hom go back and forth from one end to it to the other. Back and forth he was still doing it when i left
I have pics but cant load here
Sorry story so long but i never seen a deer do this or act like this tet alone a pretty almost mature buck
Anyone have witness this behavior before or heard of it
My friend says ehd but its been 25 degrees for couple weeks and our first frost was early November
Would midges be around still around ? Wat the was wrong with this deer?

PK_
500 Club

Re: Buck encounter

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

Concussion?
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am

PK_ wrote:Concussion?

I dont know lmao. Do deer get concussions lol? Really
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 am

He might be recovering from a bad but whooping!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”