Motivation. Push

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Motivation. Push

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 am

I am in such a slump and deflated
I haven’t started beast mode hunting yet but i have sticks stand and what i need. I just cant push myself to go
So much pressure on the deer right now my buddy says so many guys out there shooting does ( its doe week here).
Deer are shell shocked nocturnalized
The 2000 farm lease i have mentioned before is being pounded all around it and deer are just shell shocked.
Definately not worth the money
Where to start. In my eyes a chance to kill a my first mature buck has dwindled away for me. I need some motivation guts and im sure im not the only one who needs it right now. Any tips on where to look for late season mature buck beds? Thnks

oldrank

Re: Motivation. Push

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 am

My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

Go hunt. Even if you don't kill anything you are gathering Intel. Sitting at home convincing yourself you are not going to see anything is getting you where? You have a 2000 acre lease and you are complaining of pressure.... Sorry man I find that funny.

Go hunt !!!!! I seen a trophy buck move through last night at my cousin's. His neighbor was hunting the other blind it came right in to his baitpile. We watched it with binoculars from the barn for 20 minutes. First buck we had seen back there since before gun season. You never know !!! Hunt food. Hunt secured pressure bedding.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 am

Maybe you're single and handsome and at the bar at 9pm there are many hotties who want to dance and things look great.

But at 11pm opportunities are dwindling and maybe you should reset your standards.

Don't know your state's limitations but here in MI we're near closing time. I'd rather get the experience of 60% of my goal than letting that goal go unfulfilled this year. It WILL help next year.

My use of 60% may not match your number, but everyone should have a number like that in mind...
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 am

Get out and hunt, or scout with the bow in hand. Gather all the intel you can, might turn into something this year or can be used in the future. Last year, after all the bow hunts, gun hunts and muzzleloader hunts on pressured public land in Wisconsin I had a dandy 10 point come by at 12 yards......this was in late December/early January. Snow certainly helps for up-to-date deer/buck movements.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am

It's hunting - take the challenge! :think:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am

The only for sure way to fail is not try. It's also the worst failure!!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 am

Go out and hunt or scout...do it for the guys who would love the opportunity to be out there, but are stuck at home or work!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 am

Don’t ever give up till the season closes.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 am

oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

Go hunt. Even if you don't kill anything you are gathering Intel. Sitting at home convincing yourself you are not going to see anything is getting you where? You have a 2000 acre lease and you are complaining of pressure.... Sorry man I find that funny.

Go hunt !!!!! I seen a trophy buck move through last night at my cousin's. His neighbor was hunting the other blind it came right in to his baitpile. We watched it with binoculars from the barn for 20 minutes. First buck we had seen back there since before gun season. You never know !!! Hunt food. Hunt secured pressure bedding.

No its a 2000$ lease for 100 acres. Lol
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 am

basspro05 wrote:Go out and hunt or scout...do it for the guys who would love the opportunity to be out there, but are stuck at home or work!!

:lol: There ya go
mspaci

Unread postby mspaci » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am

I think he has a $2000 lease for 100 acres & they only let him have 1 stand on it. I might be frustrated too. Mike
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am

Late season is a good time to try out some new spots. Even if you just go out and end up scouting the place that's all info you can use for next year. Pull up those public land maps and give one a shot, you never know what a place is like untill your really get boots on the ground.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks guys. Alot of what im looking for
I lost my cousin who growing up was like my brother
I lost him last week to suicide and im just puzzled why ?wish he would have called me got me really down
we both suffer from severe depression and anxiety ptsd and he lost his battle Im so pissed at him right now my head races. I suffer from it too bad but would never put my wife and kids through a selfish act of suicide
Deer hunting is my life and passion its all i have.besides my wife and kids its my escape. My time. Im not trying to feed a sob story or anything. But i just feel is going south for me quick. Im going to try to get my head back in it and stick couple does this week. Just looking for some push from my fellow beasts feels good to be heard Thnks guys for advice. Ill be ok.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:
oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

No its a 2000$ lease for 100 acres. Lol

Ahhh, oh yeah I remember you mentioned that in another thread..... Ok. Still....go hunt man. Everyone plays with the hand we are dealt. Some have it better some have it worse. You got to layer your intel. If you are not out your not learning. There might be one little tip you learn on what the bucks are doing late season. 3 years from now that might be the tip that gets you the biggest buck of your life.
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Id hunt regardless What people day or do. Better chance killing them in the woods than not being in there. This weekend I did all types of walking to push deer to friends and family since my freezer is full from 3 deer. Im soar and exhausted but if someone need a pusher I'd be there to help. Enjoy the time.before u have to wait until next year to do it again.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”