Motivation. Push

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Motivation. Push

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:40 pm

treeroot wrote:Go out to the closest public piece, set up on the best sign and shoot the first deer to walk through. If nothing comes through do it again. When you lose your drive, sometimes you need to throw out your expectations and just have fun.

Very true

superblackhawk

Unread postby superblackhawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:08 pm

This thread has got me back up.

I have my pa buck and a doe tag to fill in 2g, and had kinda written off the season.

I think I'm going to go up fo New Years Eve weekend and ring in my new year up the mountains.

Lopedog, good luck, get on out there!
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Play some Cam Hanes YouTube videos on repeat :lol: #KeepHammering
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:57 pm

I tell you what. You are grieving right now. Killing a big isn't the most important thing right now. Guys won't understand that haven't been there.
Talk to your wife and kids and anyone else you need to. If you want to hunt do it, if you don't want to don't. Do not pressure yourself into thinking you must hunt. Hunting is a pastime not a necessity. I think you will do just fine in whatever you do.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Stanley wrote:I tell you what. You are grieving right now. Killing a big isn't the most important thing right now. Guys won't understand that haven't been there.
Talk to your wife and kids and anyone else you need to. If you want to hunt do it, if you don't want to don't. Do not pressure yourself into thinking you must hunt. Hunting is a pastime not a necessity. I think you will do just fine in whatever you do.

Thanks my brother.
Been tough right now been long long few weeks
Hunting is a therapy for me. I need the woods. Something about even seeing a deer on the side of the road just elates me. When im in tree i just forget my troubles of the world. Its hard to explian.
The only other times in my life i feel like this in life was of course with my family or when i played football
And i think at 43. My chances for a nfl debut is a little in doubt lmao
Ive been on couple forums asking alot of questions and spending family time as much as possible
Im starting a you tube channel after new year about depression and ptsd
Thank you for your kind words my bro
Ill get through this
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:09 am

RidgeGhost wrote:Lopedog you're in Delaware right? I have been up there for work a few weeks the last month and have seen multiple big bucks not too far from a big chunk of public ground(I map scouted the heck out of it while i was there :lol: ). Unless you feel obligated to hunt that lease because of the money involved, I would see what options are around you. Don't get tunnel vision on that place.

Shhh! THERE ARE NO BIG BUCKS ON PUBLIC IN DELAWARE! OR MARYLAND FOR THAT MATTER! Keep it moving, nothing to see here. I here Wisconsin is great this time of year. :lol: :lol: 8-)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:16 am

Sound advice from Stash and Stanley. Hunting can be a great escape but not necessarily where the real healing happens.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 am

Wlog wrote:Sound advice from Stash and Stanley. Hunting can be a great escape but not necessarily where the real healing happens.

Im sorry i must have missed somthing with your last two posts is that a joke ? If so i dont get it
Wow Pretty bad when kick a guy when he’s down
There is plenty of mature bucks in delaware maryland and the whole easten shore. So maybe sarcasm ?
But check your facts my friend
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:55 am

oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

I like that. I think I'm going to use that.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 am

Southern Man wrote:
oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

I think i have a pretty good excuse at this time
Sorry my life isnt as perfect as everyone elses
Just looking for some positive things to focus on
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Wlog wrote:Sound advice from Stash and Stanley. Hunting can be a great escape but not necessarily where the real healing happens.

Im sorry i must have missed somthing with your last two posts is that a joke ? If so i dont get it
Wow Pretty bad when kick a guy when he’s down
There is plenty of mature bucks in delaware maryland and the whole easten shore. So maybe sarcasm ?
But check your facts my friend

No way. I would never kick anyone when they are down. Probably a bad choice on my part to make a joke on this particular thread so I apologize. My sarcasm wasn't meant to be mean in any way I'm sorry if it came across that way. It was directed at the first line of ridge ghosts post about seeing big bucks in DE. I'm well aware of what kind of deer are around. I live and hunt here. Just kidding around.

I've never gone after anyone on this site for anything, never put anyone down or even so much as a negative comment. I think some others here would vouch for that. Again lope I apologize but it was not any kind of insult or anything directed at you.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Southern Man wrote:

I get it man. That post was in response to your first post. At that point in time I was unaware of your loss. That changes your situation.

I lost my younger brother to MS 8 years ago. Lost my father to cancer 6 yrs ago. Both had long drawn out illnesses. I dealt with that at the same time for about 5 years. My brother was buried on October 1st. Our bow opener. That plays in my mind every year since. I put hunting on the back burner for a few years while I dealt with those issues.

I however view the woods as my church. It is the one place that will always heal me. When the time was right that is where I turned again to clear my mind.

I wish there was something I could say to tell you the pain will go away. Mine hasn't. When you lose someone that close it leaves a hole in your life.

It's still tough. Anything we used to share brings back memories. If I kill a good buck I can't call my Dad anymore, if the Lions win I can't high five my brother... I feel your pain. Stay strong man. Focus on the people you still have in your life.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:04 am

I haven’t read all the replies so sorry if this has been discussed, but have you paid the lease yet? If so how long do you have left in your season? If you’ve paid I’d hunt it. No reason waiting. If you haven’t go explore some public. Public land can be tough but it’s rewarding and I love it. When you kill a deer or just get on deer, especially a decent buck, it’s such a proud feeling of accomplishment. I love exploring new places too. Do what you love and get out!
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:11 am

I’ve had many healing moments talking to God while out in the woods.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 pm

oldrank wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:
Southern Man wrote:

I get it man. That post was in response to your first post. At that point in time I was unaware of your loss. That changes your situation.

I lost my younger brother to MS 8 years ago. Lost my father to cancer 6 yrs ago. Both had long drawn out illnesses. I dealt with that at the same time for about 5 years. My brother was buried on October 1st. Our bow opener. That plays in my mind every year since. I put hunting on the back burner for a few years while I dealt with those issues.

I however view the woods as my church. It is the one place that will always heal me. When the time was right that is where I turned again to clear my mind.

I wish there was something I could say to tell you the pain will go away. Mine hasn't. When you lose someone that close it leaves a hole in your life.
Thanks brotha. Its been tough
Sorry for your losses too man life rewards us and then just kicks us right in the teeth for no reason its so frustrating sometimes but ive just been wallowing in my own self the past few weeks and i gotta get out of this funk. Deer hunting the woods and anything deer related is my church. My family too of course. I have very good support and ill be fine. Thanks again brotha and sorry bro but im an eagles fan. Lol. Stay strong im always here to talk too. Thnks again

It's still tough. Anything we used to share brings back memories. If I kill a good buck I can't call my Dad anymore, if the Lions win I can't high five my brother... I feel your pain. Stay strong man. Focus on the people you still have in your life.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”