Motivation. Push

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Motivation. Push

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:49 pm

checkerfred wrote:
Wlog wrote:Sound advice from Stash and Stanley. Hunting can be a great escape but not necessarily where the real healing happens.

I’ve had many healing moments talking to God while out in the woods.

Amen my brotha i pray to my pop and now my brother all the time now. I can almost hear my dad telling me “boy! Will you shut the up. Your gonna never see any deer “. Lol

Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:56 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Southern Man wrote:
oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

I like that. I think I'm going to use that.

I think i have a pretty good excuse at this time
Sorry my life isnt as perfect as everyone elses
Just looking for some positive things to focus on

Hey man I didn't mean that reply towards you. I own my own business and that would be a good reply to some of the mistakes we make here. It wasn't meant toward your hunting experiences.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 am

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Lopedog I understand depression because I’ve been there. I’m not on meds anymore but I used to be. Depression runs in my family and I still have a bout with it here and there. I know what it feels like to not feel excited about anything, even hunting. I was just kind of floating through life and going through the motions. I found that the more I stayed home the worse I felt. It sounds like some outdoor therapy is exactly what you need. Even if you don’t feel like going make yourself go! You’ll be glad you did. Enjoy all the little things. Enjoy knowing you have two arms and two legs that will get you wherever you want to go.

My wife just had surgery on her toe and has nerve damage from the block (needle+anesthetic) they put in. She’s worried she’ll have to live with a numb arch in her foot and calf muscle and never be able to run again. Doctor said it’s possible. I put myself in her shoes and thought what it would be like to never be able to climb a tree again all because of a minor toe surgery and freak in preventable accident. That could have been me. It could have been you.

So even though it is hard when you’re depressed, find something positive to think about. Go hunting. Don’t worry about killing a big buck just go hunting and enjoy the fact that you can. Just get yourself out of the house so you’re not dwelling on the negatives.

Also, if you believe in God you should buy a book called “battlefield of the mind” by Joyce Meyer. That book changed my life for the better and I often think back to it.

Keep your chin up man! Things will get better. Time heals. If you want you can PM me any time if you need a like minded person to talk to.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:10 am

Southern Man wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:
Southern Man wrote:
oldrank wrote:My boss has a saying at work...." Is this where the excuses come in ?"

I like that. I think I'm going to use that.

I think i have a pretty good excuse at this time
Sorry my life isnt as perfect as everyone elses
Just looking for some positive things to focus on

Hey man I didn't mean that reply towards you. I own my own business and that would be a good reply to some of the mistakes we make here. It wasn't meant toward your hunting experiences.

No problem my brotha no offense taken. It was actually to somone else who did not realize what ive been going through thanks again
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:28 am

Lockdown wrote:Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Lopedog I understand depression because I’ve been there. I’m not on meds anymore but I used to be. Depression runs in my family and I still have a bout with it here and there. I know what it feels like to not feel excited about anything, even hunting. I was just kind of floating through life and going through the motions. I found that the more I stayed home the worse I felt. It sounds like some outdoor therapy is exactly what you need. Even if you don’t feel like going make yourself go! You’ll be glad you did. Enjoy all the little things. Enjoy knowing you have two arms and two legs that will get you wherever you want to go.

My wife just had surgery on her toe and has nerve damage from the block (needle+anesthetic) they put in. She’s worried she’ll have to live with a numb arch in her foot and calf muscle and never be able to run again. Doctor said it’s possible. I put myself in her shoes and thought what it would be like to never be able to climb a tree again all because of a minor toe surgery and freak in preventable accident. That could have been me. It could have been you.

So even though it is hard when you’re depressed, find something positive to think about. Go hunting. Don’t worry about killing a big buck just go hunting and enjoy the fact that you can. Just get yourself out of the house so you’re not dwelling on the negatives.

Also, if you believe in God you should buy a book called “battlefield of the mind” by Joyce Meyer. That book changed my life for the better and I often think back to it.

Keep your chin up man! Things will get better. Time heals. If you want you can PM me any time if you need a like minded person to talk to.

Thanks so much for your kind and understanding words
The description of your depression is exactly what i go through and when i stay in house it gets worse almost like a snowball effect. Ive only learned of beast mode hunting a few months ago have not done it yet. After xmas its on I actually went out yesterday and scouted a few spots of new areas for mature bucks. It felt so great to go out finaly knowing what t look for and finding what im looking for. It was great. The rubs i found are the biggest ive ever seen in my life. I was just ecstatic. Its two different spots of points and im pretty sure i found one of two of bucks beds. The one bed is just classic behind a blowdown on point of the marsh i think i bumped him out to the marsh coming up to it i diddnt see him but the bed was actually still warm. I got down in bed and looked out the way i would enter the area (like a bedded buck ) and noted where he can see too so just beyond that is the limit There is one rub in the bed then the other ones start about 60-70 yards down the transition line. So i figure i wanna get 50-60 yards from this bed and set up nice and quiet. See what happens
I found two other spots in this same area off different points. Almost like a mature buck is living off each point.

Hope to get out next week and see if he comes out
Ive posted before that im starting a you tube channel called the buck psych. Subscribe please and check me out
Couple videos up now. Its about depression
Im gonna check out that book cause yes i am not born again or extremely religious but i am a god believer and pray daily it does help
Thanks again for your kind words. R loper
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:51 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thanks so much for your kind and understanding words
The description of your depression is exactly what i go through and when i stay in house it gets worse almost like a snowball effect. Ive only learned of beast mode hunting a few months ago have not done it yet. After xmas its on I actually went out yesterday and scouted a few spots of new areas for mature bucks. It felt so great to go out finaly knowing what t look for and finding what im looking for. It was great. The rubs i found are the biggest ive ever seen in my life. I was just ecstatic. Its two different spots of points and im pretty sure i found one of two of bucks beds. The one bed is just classic behind a blowdown on point of the marsh i think i bumped him out to the marsh coming up to it i diddnt see him but the bed was actually still warm. I got down in bed and looked out the way i would enter the area (like a bedded buck ) and noted where he can see too so just beyond that is the limit There is one rub in the bed then the other ones start about 60-70 yards down the transition line. So i figure i wanna get 50-60 yards from this bed and set up nice and quiet. See what happens
I found two other spots in this same area off different points. Almost like a mature buck is living off each point.

Hope to get out next week and see if he comes out
Ive posted before that im starting a you tube channel called the buck psych. Subscribe please and check me out
Couple videos up now. Its about depression
Im gonna check out that book cause yes i am not born again or extremely religious but i am a god believer and pray daily it does help
Thanks again for your kind words. R loper

That is awesome :clap: nice work finding that bedding.

As far as the depression goes, DEFINITELY read the book. My sister gave it to me, and has given out a dozen or more copies to friends. She also battles depression. She and her husband read it together as did my wife and I. It is honestly more focused for women but it’s for guys too. My brother in law said “it’s an awesome book” and he was right. My wife and I would take turns reading it before bed each night. Just 15-20 minutes worth. It will teach you how to view everything in a positive light. With depression (at least with me) everything was looked at with a “if something can go wrong it will.” mind set. Life sucks when that’s how your brain is programmed. In the past I did some research on positive thinking and I read a quote I will never forget.

“A negative thinker sees difficulty in every opportunity. A positive thinker sees opportunity in every difficulty.”

Life is sooo much better if you can see the good in everything... even if there’s very little good there. I still struggle mentally and get frustrated at times. But I’m light years from where I used to be.

Good luck the rest of the season!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:09 am

Wow great stuff im gonna use that quote too its very good and so true
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 am

Another one I read was “you can either feed the good shark, or feed the bad shark. You pick.”

It’s so true. If your car breaks down and it’s going to cost $800 to fix it, you can either get mad and get over it, or be pissed about it every day for a week. Dwelling on it doesn’t make the fix any cheaper or less stressful.

I often tell myself “feed the good shark.” It’s amazing how your mood can pick up when your mind is in the right place.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:24 am

Good stuff.
I think alot of it is who you hang with your environment and your career? Do you hate what u do? If so its an every day battle going in
Especially for me the last 20 years of every day negativity and criminals. ( being a retired corrections officer) did not help me It was tough but im done that now and is why me and my family moved for a fresh start now i need to learn how to trust and realize there is good people still in the world Its hard but im trying
Thnks again. Ill look that up too
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Subscribed to your channel. :clap: :handgestures-thumbup:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 pm

stash59 wrote:Subscribed to your channel. :clap: :handgestures-thumbup: