camera arm and camera

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

camera arm and camera

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 am

anyone know a decent cheap camera and arm to start filming hunts? i think dan sells one i gotta look in store

Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Re: camera arm and camera

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 am

Usually you get what you pay for. I had a cheap one $40 and hated it. I recently bought one from fourth arrow and like that much better. You can tell the quality difference with some of the better camera arms
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 am

I bought a cheap 20 dollar one for This year but had to mod it alot and practically made a new one with the parts. Next year I plan on going wityhthe fourth arrow and upgrading to a sony ax53
Octoberjohn

Unread postby Octoberjohn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 am

Definitely look into a Fourth Arrow camera arm. They are really not that expansive at all and very packable. As far as the camera goes, thats up to whatever you can fit in your budget. Just do a little research and I'm sure you'll find something suitable that won't break the bank! Self filming adds a whole new dimension to your hunting!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Our camera arm is designed for mobile self filmers. Small and packable, No ratchet to make noise and a pistol grip panhead so it locks in position on target when you let go to shoot. Guys that film with a camera man often ask us to put on a fluid head, which is not a problem, but if you self film the pistol grip works better.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 pm

dan wrote:Our camera arm is designed for mobile self filmers. Small and packable, No ratchet to make noise and a pistol grip panhead so it locks in position on target when you let go to shoot. Guys that film with a camera man often ask us to put on a fluid head, which is not a problem, but if you self film the pistol grip works better.

Ive been checking a few out and im down to two the fourth arrow i think its called and the beast arm
I think im gonna go with yours dan. I like the three sections rather than two. And the handle seems nice smooth
Mgaspari

Unread postby Mgaspari » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 pm

dan wrote:Our camera arm is designed for mobile self filmers. Small and packable, No ratchet to make noise and a pistol grip panhead so it locks in position on target when you let go to shoot. Guys that film with a camera man often ask us to put on a fluid head, which is not a problem, but if you self film the pistol grip works better.

Curious on how much it weighs? Like the price with the pan head.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Mgaspari wrote:

Curious on how much it weighs? Like the price with the pan head.

I can't remember, I think its 4 or 5 pounds... I know there is a post buried in the equipment forum from when we 1st came out with it and somewhere in there it lists the weight.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”