Forecast shows dying wind? Now what?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blakebry123

Forecast shows dying wind? Now what?

Unread postby Blakebry123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 am

What’s up guys. So the wind will be almost bad for me, but where I’ll setup I’d be able to get a shot on any deer that comes through before it winds me. But the huntwise forecast shows the wind dying to almost nothing after 4. I’ve used this app and put it to the test on multiple occasions, and it is about 85% correct all the time. My question is, if the wind dies to nothing, I’m assuming the deer will stay bedded longer? Can anyone confirm this based on previous observations? Everything online I researched shows high winds but barely anything talks about low to no winds.

Instagram: live_to_ride_94
Snapchat: blakebry123

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share my videos:
https://youtu.be/DQ1qTOOgfKo
Buckbreath

Re: Forecast shows dying wind? Now what?

Unread postby Buckbreath » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am

Sounds like good hunting to me. I prefer a little wind but if it's blowing hard then lays down, you have a great chance of daytime movement.
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Buckbreath wrote:Sounds like good hunting to me. I prefer a little wind but if it's blowing hard then lays down, you have a great chance of daytime movement.

X2. When the wind stops things can get good quick.

You mentioned the just off wind though, I just wouldn't hunt that unless you plan on shooting one of the first to walk by, or want to hunt it again anytime soon.
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 pm

The wind often dies right at dusk in Wisconsin if the daytime winds were moderate to low. I often see deer move right at this time, unfortunately it's normally been too dark by the time they get to me this year!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”