How many lost arrows do you find every year?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DhD
500 Club

Re: How many lost arrows do you find every year?

Unread postby DhD » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:06 am

Last year I found two and they were both mine! One was almost three months after I lost it. Found one this summer that was someone else's.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:13 am

JoeRE wrote:How many lost arrows do you find every year? Including scouting and hunting over the whole year.

Finally things are a bit slower for me after a hectic couple of months...got to wondering about this and wanted something to distract me from the war I hear outside that is Iowa shotgun season.

Usually I find one or two...this year I found 4. Two of them were apparently just randomly dropped, two of them had been stuck in some critter I could tell. Years not over yet for me either...but its less likely to find something with snow on the ground.

Anybody recognize one of their arrows? :lol:

Quick tip for those like me that tend to lose a few arrows dragging thru the thick stuff. An eighteen inch nite ize gear tie wrapped twice around your quiver will eliminate this issue. To add to the usefulness, I also use the same gear tie to attach my quiver to my pack once I am in a tree.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 am

Only arrows I have found are mine. Bowhunting is popular in my area. Bowhunting public land is not very popular in my area.

I have had a 7500 acre wma all to myself since opening day oct1st.

Lost one last night after it blew through a 50ish pound sow at 42 yards. Found the second arrow that blew through 2 50ish pound sows at 21 yards. And it was in the dirt all the way to the fletchings.
G27

Unread postby G27 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:47 am

On public land, found an arrow sticking in the side of a creek bed..followed the angle of the arrow up an saw their tree stand across the creek. Pulled the arrow and left it at the base of the tree for when they returned.
On my way out saw they had a trail camera out there too so I waved for the camera :) :geek:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”