How do you like Hunt The Front?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

weatherdude

How do you like Hunt The Front?

Unread postby weatherdude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 pm

I would like to get some feedback from the beasts on how they're liking the Hunt The Front website and what I could do to make it better. What are your favorite things about the site and forecasts and what could be improved? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Ghost Hunter

Re: How do you like Hunt The Front?

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:45 pm

I like it Weatherdude. Stats of some kind combining deer movement with weather in general.

I like reading your post for planning coming up hunts.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Ghost Hunter wrote:I like it Weatherdude. Stats of some kind combining deer movement with weather in general.

I like reading your post for planning coming up hunts.

Thanks Ghost Hunter. I've been looking at doing stats on the site for a while now. I need to design a widget where people can put in their observations on the site. My observations alone would be heavily skewed to high pressure public around the Madison, WI area. I think the stats thing is something that will definitely be on there soon though. I'll have more time to edit the site when I stop hunting. That pretty much consumes my free time for now.
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Very informative, at times a bit "inside baseball" but I don't mind learning!
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I really adopted the Dupage forecast things, wow are they a great resource, so personally thanks for that. The weather specific blog posts seemed more Midwest oriented but I picked up a few concepts I didn't know.

I agree with others in that if you want to grow your endeavor, shared user data to analyze weather related aspects of hunting is your ticket...question is how many people actually care about going to that level of detail?

Making it useful to everyman, offering more detailed analysis to those who want to get in the weeds, and pay the bills, there is your sweet spot.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:35 pm

elk yinzer wrote:I really adopted the Dupage forecast things, wow are they a great resource, so personally thanks for that. The weather specific blog posts seemed more Midwest oriented but I picked up a few concepts I didn't know.

I agree with others in that if you want to grow your endeavor, shared user data to analyze weather related aspects of hunting is your ticket...question is how many people actually care about going to that level of detail?

Making it useful to everyman, offering more detailed analysis to those who want to get in the weeds, and pay the bills, there is your sweet spot.

Thanks elk yinzer. I have a bad habit of my forecasts sometimes being skewed towards my region of the US, I am trying to work on that with every post I make. It is sometimes challenging to cover the whole country and still give useful information, but that is the point so I am definitely honing that in. I am glad you found the model sites useful. That is one of my main goals is to introduce the deer hunting community to weather models because I think they are super useful for what we do as hunters. Thanks a lot for your feedback and I hope you will continue to find the site useful!
Last edited by weatherdude on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weatherdude

Unread postby weatherdude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

docwaters wrote:Very informative, at times a bit "inside baseball" but I don't mind learning!

Thanks docwaters. One of my goals for the site is to teach people about weather in a way that makes sense to the common man/hunter. Sometimes I do get a touch in the weeds but I try to only do it when I feel it's necessary to understand what's going on. My hope is that people will learn enough about the weather so they actually don't have to use sites like mine and they can forecast for themselves! Not a great business model I suppose but I'm not here to make money (the site actually generates zero revenue :P ). I just want to help people become better hunters via understanding the weather.
rff

Unread postby rff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:52 am

I will be checking it out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”