Stick talons

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RidgeReaper

Re: Stick talons

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 am

I created my own custom version of the talons. I would never want to take any business from anyone but I definitely found the solution to them coming loose. I used mine an entire season and have given a few sets to friends and I've heard great things. Mine are rock solid all season.

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:09 am

Anyone having an issue with the mounts my number is 985-687-5557 call me anytime, & I can walk you through proper installation.

The mounts are designed to be removable therefore they will require periodic tightening & adjustment. I tighten my personal setup about twice a year or roughly every 30 hunts.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 am

With the new style clamps mine have been rock solid and haven’t moved. Those having issues I would have to question how or where they are mounted. If done right I can’t see there being any issues. I put mine up tight in the corners of the casting and they never rock back and forth once mounted. The rocking motion is what will loosen them up.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 am

I've tightened mine once so far this year and they need it again. I have around 30 or so hunts. The mount on the stand didn't loosen, it was the connection between the clip and the mount. I have stepped on them a couple of times when my stand was on the ground...that probably didn't help :lol:

I would purchase again.
cameron

Unread postby cameron » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:24 am

Can someone post a pic of how they are supposed to be mounted to their stand? I got mine a while back and had trouble mounting them. When I did get them mounted, they rolled over alot on me. Love the idea and know they will work, I might just need to do something different for them to. My stand is an XOP Airraid.
cbigbear

Unread postby cbigbear » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 am

99% of the time guys aren’t adjusting the tensioning thumb nut enough. To increase tension the thumb nut needs to be turned left & when you think it’s enough turn it about 10-15 more turns.
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Mine loosen often, every couple hunts, right where the bolt with the locking nut and the rocker tensioning screw attaches the top U bolt bracket to the bottom frame mount bracket. Even after tightening the top bracket pivots on the bolt really easily.

I have mine apart as I speak and I think I found a really solid way to install them. I’ll post pics if it works!
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Here the pics are. It worked. Simply removed the bottom brackets and mounted the top L bracket directly to the pre-drilled holes that are placed perfectly from the factory. Put lock nuts on 3/4” long bolts and tightened. Then put the “jam” nut onto the end of the bolt and lock tight so it doesn’t come off. It’s there simply to put the bungee onto.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2b9k9ypbg/
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 pm

I am Not bashing the product or owner at all
i would never bash someone for an idea or product unless they provide no backing customer services etc
So i dont know what that meant
Just stating they are a great product
But has minor flaws. The flaws have directly influenced 2 of my hunts negativly so cant use them in that way. They need a permanent attachment of sort
And i think 50$ is kind of steep. But i paid it
And ill figure out on how to attach them a more efficient way
Good luck with your idea
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:04 pm

RidgeReaper wrote:I created my own custom version of the talons. I would never want to take any business from anyone but I definitely found the solution to them coming loose. I used mine an entire season and have given a few sets to friends and I've heard great things. Mine are rock solid all season.

Hey ridge would you be willing to seel a set?
cbigbear

Unread postby cbigbear » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:42 am

Lopedog699 wrote:But has minor flaws. The flaws have directly influenced 2 of my hunts negativly so cant use them in that way. They need a permanent attachment of sort
And i think 50$ is kind of steep. But i paid it
And ill figure out on how to attach them a more efficient way
Good luck with your idea

You have my number give me a call, text some pictures, or give me the details on what problems you are having. If we can’t rectify the issues send me the Talons back & I’ll issue a full refund.

If you want permanent mounts I can send you seat mounts, however do to legal issues I can not sell permanent platform mounts. Also keep in mind I manufacture Talons for just about any stand out there & these mounts have proven to be the most versatile.

I’m be straight up with all beast members, I have $22.50 of profit in each set to cover my time. It’s takes 45 minutes to build a set. If any beast want to go the diy route shoot me a pm & I’ll give you a supply list & vendors. Last time I checked you can save about $2 going this route.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”