What does being a Beast mean to you?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Net Guy
500 Club

Re: What does being a Beast mean to you?

Unread postby Net Guy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:26 am

Doing what others don’t. Going where others won’t.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 am

All the responses are correct.
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 am

jpsmith270 wrote:Stanley had a good response to the question a couple of years ago:

"Beast style is mobile and moving. If you have a stand in hand and have a buck located or patterned you set up and kill him. I also think most interpretations associate beds and bucks. The hunter puts himself into a position to kill a buck rather than the buck putting himself into a position for the hunter to kill him."

That’s it in a nutshell
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 pm

I am not a beast...but here's how I define beasts on this forum:

Doing whatever is necessary, to put yourself position to kill a mature buck on every sit during your season!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
jpsmith270

Unread postby jpsmith270 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 pm

flinginairos wrote:Paying attention to the details, doing what others don't, making a plan and executing instead of relying on luck 8-)

Well said flingin

This is a big one for me. There is so much that goes into being able to execute (scouting, planning, preparation, etc). For so many years I did nothing but "play the lottery" every year. How frustrating.

I have heard Dan say it many times, "If you are doing the same thing everyone else is doing, then you are going to get the same results that everyone else is getting."

Execution vs playing the lottery. This is Beast style vs the normal hunter.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:03 pm

I'd say being smart and aware of all your surroundings. Going the extra mile even when every bone in your body says no u push on anyway
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Being prepared enough to be in a position to kill a buck not many others may even have a chance at. being positive it could happen any time.
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:43 am

I don't consider myself a beast, as I was using these tactics before I found this site (and I don't like labels), and I do not do a lot of specific bed hunting. But it is great to have this site to discuss things. I think using these tactics and being a "beast" consists of basically being an accomplished woodsman (or woman) and a true sportsman, and having the drive to do it every day no matter the conditions.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 am

Beast Mode.....???

It's a Lifestyle bro.....
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
RidgeGhost
500 Club

Unread postby RidgeGhost » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:08 am

flinginairos wrote:Paying attention to the details, doing what others don't, making a plan and executing instead of relying on luck 8-)

Net Guy wrote:Doing what others don’t. Going where others won’t.

You got it. This season, when I have found myself struggling, I realized I had reverted back to pre-beast. I was doing what others were doing. Gotta snap out of it and get back the grind 8-)
jpsmith270

Unread postby jpsmith270 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

RidgeGhost wrote:

Net Guy wrote:Doing what others don’t. Going where others won’t.

You got it. This season, when I have found myself struggling, I realized I had reverted back to pre-beast. I was doing what others were doing. Gotta snap out of it and get back the grind 8-)

Extremely easy trap to fall in. This forum helps me to keep my focus and also provides the confirmations that I need to stay the course.
docwaters

Unread postby docwaters » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm

I am new to the Beast methods, but I am employing them as I learn them. My overarching belief is that now I have proven tactics that put me more in control of the hunt than ever before. Having scouted my first bed this Spring, set up on the buck using it, and then killing him, I have never felt as accomplished in the woods.

Having a plan is great. Having a plan that works is what Beast means to me.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:35 pm

docwaters wrote:I am new to the Beast methods, but I am employing them as I learn them. My overarching belief is that now I have proven tactics that put me more in control of the hunt than ever before. Having scouted my first bed this Spring, set up on the buck using it, and then killing him, I have never felt as accomplished in the woods.

Having a plan is great. Having a plan that works is what Beast means to me.

It is an awesome feeing isn't it?! I've killed several beast bucks now and I still find myself in disbelief when I see them do exactly what I predicted :lol: With each one I gain more and more confidence and each hunt has a plan and a purpose. The info Dan and everyone else posts on here has absolutely changed the way I hunt forever.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”