The Hunting Public

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: The Hunting Public

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 am

I dont watch a lot of hunting shows, but that was good. Loved the lesson with milkweed, and what a buck. Good luck with him next time.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 am

Another great hunt posted by them."Public Land Day 32" Greg Clements does a great job on a self filmed bow kill. :handgestures-thumbupright:
llcooljames

Unread postby llcooljames » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 am

Troutking wrote:Warbritton seems like a class act. His response is that of a good hunter and woodsman. I like that he said that it was a privilege to just see that deer. No whining about it, just a guy doing it right all the way around.

I also love that quote. Shows he really has a passion for the deer. Not just init for killing and fame
Mathewshooter

Unread postby Mathewshooter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:31 am

Darkknight54 wrote:I love the material this season!

Has everyone seen this one already? I only just recently watched it and all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: GIANT! Im shaking for him :lol: Prolly the biggest deer iv seen on camera - while trusting the guys behind the camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nriCULkIBrw

Those days with gusty winds are tough to hunt. Right before a big gust starts, the wind kinda dies down and blows the opposite direction....kinda like a backdraft. I've been screwed by it plenty of times and dont hunt much when its gusty anymore.
I take my Bowhunting seriously
DaHunter

Unread postby DaHunter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am

Mathewshooter wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:I love the material this season!

Has everyone seen this one already? I only just recently watched it and all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock: GIANT! Im shaking for him :lol: Prolly the biggest deer iv seen on camera - while trusting the guys behind the camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nriCULkIBrw

Those days with gusty winds are tough to hunt. Right before a big gust starts, the wind kinda dies down and blows the opposite direction....kinda like a backdraft. I've been screwed by it plenty of times and dont hunt much when its gusty anymore.

Interesting insight. I've been trying to determine how I was winded from being perfectly downwind on a flat up in some hills. Must have been a back draft because it was still dark and I assume no thermals.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:25 am

These guys do a good job I watch all of there videos..
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:44 pm

minnesotahunter wrote:Hey guys,
I don't know if you've checked out Aaron Warbrittons youtube channel lately. Following him and Zach on public land with the quality of filming they do is unreal. He's given advice on this site and I thought I'd put this out there for those of you that haven't gotten to check it out. He was close to letting an arrow fly on a monster the other day and it caught his wind and took off. Really shows the level of difficulty of hunting a mature buck on public land. There are only a couple of guys I've watched that could come up with a plan to kill that deer and he is one of them. Look up the hunting public on youtube. No sponsors, no BS, and the amount of work it would take to haul cameras out to the areas they hunt would get old in a hurry. The ghillie suit kill is amazing too. The private land stuff they do doesn't stack up to the public land content but it's typically that way for me with any hunting videos. There is also a link to the hunting beast youtube channel on their home page...makes breaks at work even better. Anyways, great work hunting public guys and keep up the good work.

Thanks very much. I'm fascinated with learning about deer in general and that hunt was a great experience. It reinforces the things Dan and other Beasts have talked about over the years. Big mature bucks on public land live in areas where they can survive and use terrain, cover, and wind to their advantage.

I'm trying to find a way to kill this buck but am running out of time. Stay tuned and thanks again for watching.
Hatchetman

Unread postby Hatchetman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 am

Watching this clip just reaffirms what I believe about mature bucks and higher gusty winds.
They LOVE it!

To be moving during daylight, a buck of that age and intelligence wants as much advantage as possible and higher winds gives him that advantage.
They will gladly sacrifice some hearing for the much increased scent intel they are receiving.
Not only are they receiving more wind they are getting scents from farther away and if they take their time, stopping frequently, like they often do,they will be getting wind from multiple directions as it swirls through the woods. Especially in a somewhat pinched down spot like Aaron appears to be in.

You'll never know, but I would bet... that same buck, on that same day, with no or a very low wind out of the same direction would not even have came through that area.

I agree with Aarons approach however. Sometimes you just have to push it and hope for a little luck especially when time is running out.
A couple minutes either way and Aaron could have been doing a film clip sitting behind this beast!

Good luck to Aaron and the crew.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”