Success rant

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Success rant

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

First of all, congrats to all who have harvested an animal! Secondly and most important, learn how to take a good picture before you post! :whistle: :doh: I don't know if it's me being picky but I like to see the rack and body for all it's glory. Not just a Pic from the back,5 inches from its face or back of the head..Rack half in the dirt or leaves...

Crazinamatese

Re: Success rant

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:34 pm

100% agree.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 pm

burkhart wrote:Disagree. Post however you can or want.i know i don’t have buddies to snap photos in the woods for me and a pic in my yard doesn’t capture the hunt like in the field.

Why i understand why people like good pics not all of us have the ability to produce them

X2
I hunt alone, sad but true most of the time can't event pull off a rack in the dirt pic, I hunt for fun and memories
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 pm

burkhart wrote:Disagree. Post however you can or want.i know i don’t have buddies to snap photos in the woods for me and a pic in my yard doesn’t capture the hunt like in the field.

Why i understand why people like good pics not all of us have the ability to produce them

I have to agree with this. All hunters are not photographers. It is nice to see great pictures, but most of us are not Marty Stouffer. Most guys don't carry a camera hunting I know I don't. I'm glad to see any picture of a buck kill, be it good or bad.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:13 pm

I personally like good field pics.

I often hunt alone as well.

How do I do it?

I bought a mini tripod. It has a head that will screw into most point and shoot cameras..mine will bend and conform to objects like sticks or logs or whatever. I also bought an attachment that is basically a sticky thing that will hold my phone.

I use the self timer. Kinda silly doing a solo photoshoot in the woods..and it can be frustrating to get good pics...I take a lot of pics to get a couple keepers... I enjoy it though.

Certainly not everyone's cup of tea...but throwing that out there..maybe other guys find it helpful...it doesn't weigh much or take up much room.

A lot of times by the time I get back to the truck the buck or turkey looks like roadkill and is stiff in goofy positions. Doesn't make for the best pics.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm

You don't have to be a pro photographer to get a decent pic guys. Its not that hard. I don't think thats what the OP is saying either. Its just becoming a weird trend where guys post a shot of one side of the rack. Why?? Why not show more??? Kinda annoying IMO.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm

mauser06 wrote:I personally like good field pics.

I often hunt alone as well.

How do I do it?

I bought a mini tripod. It has a head that will screw into most point and shoot cameras..mine will bend and conform to objects like sticks or logs or whatever. I also bought an attachment that is basically a sticky thing that will hold my phone.

I use the self timer. Kinda silly doing a solo photoshoot in the woods..and it can be frustrating to get good pics...I take a lot of pics to get a couple keepers... I enjoy it though.

Certainly not everyone's cup of tea...but throwing that out there..maybe other guys find it helpful...it doesn't weigh much or take up much room.

A lot of times by the time I get back to the truck the buck or turkey looks like roadkill and is stiff in goofy positions. Doesn't make for the best pics.

My phone camera has a voice activated feature, I say shoot or smile and it takes a picture....that with a gorilla pod tripod and phone attachment allows you to take okay pics in the field if you are by yourself.

I do understand if guys don't want to go through the hassle. I like decent pictures for myself.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I just dont care what others think of my pics

I hunt for ME.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Simple solution. Take more pics, post more of them and hopefully we all find one we enjoy looking at :mrgreen:

I tend to take close up pictures of all my fish and deer just because I always dwarf them in size and make them look really small if they are close to me. Sucks when you are a big guy :lol:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm

It’s not that hard to take good pics. Even with my phone I can prop it up on a log or tree and set the timer then jump in and pose. I like them for the memories more than anything and could careless what others think of them. Everybody tries to make them all pretty but I say keep the blood in the pic. It’s all part of the hunt.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 am

I love seeing good trophy pics but understand that it can be difficult to get good ones if I’m by myself. I have had a lot of mine taken after I get him back to the house and can have my wife take them. My pictures are a walk back to the hunt and kill of an animal and I really enjoy going back through them.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Buckbreath

Unread postby Buckbreath » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 am

Don't get me wrong I like seeing and having good pics. But, like stated above, the pics are for me and my memories. One relative of mine that just passed away always used to say "if I ever get a head mount done the tongue will be hanging out just like when it died."
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am

Pics are important but I'm not going to get worked up over them, not everyone is a pro, sometimes they look ok small but not on the computer and by then you can't always go back. It's probably not worth getting upset if other people aren't taking great pics, I try and focus only on things I can control in life, other peoples pics probably isn't in that category.

This year I had my 9 year old nephew taking pics of me and my son with my buck, its not always a perfect situation for everyone. ;)
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 am

If I have help to drag the buck out by someone with a camera or smart phone I'll try and get a few decent pictures. If its just me alone I'm taking a grainy flip phone picture right where he piled up.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 am

Guilty as charged :lol:
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”