Kill or no kill?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Did you shoot a buck yet?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 267
OH nontypical
500 Club

Re: Kill or no kill?

Unread postby OH nontypical » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Nope,
Nov 4 -12 pm nice 10 point, got as close as 50 yards, then went after a doe.
Nov 5- 3:30 pm, Huge 8 point at 43 yards, chose not to shoot, guesstimate 140's, went into thick cover, saw him that evening in the funnel in front of me at 18 yards, problem is I was on the ground when he approached packing up my stand, still had a few legal minutes left but he spooked when i got my bow picked up and drew............should have sat until the last minute.

Nov-6-last light, good 10 point again, 130's guesstimate, ran out of legal shooting time before he got to me...at least i was still in the tree this time :lol:
Passed a few younger/smaller bucks.............its all ok as I was on private and didnt want to shoot anything younger than a 3.5 year old.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Kill or no kill?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:20 pm

I'm in the same boat, but a lil diff circumstances for me staying very up beat. My prime time is just about to get cranking and my vacation is right around the corner. I've passed on 2 shooters so far, had one good one bust me entering stand and killed one doe and seen a lot of deer by my standards. I'm glad a lot of guys have been laying down some whoppers but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't effect my out look one bit. Whether u get a buck on opening day or last day of season it's all the same to me, I don't look at it a competition amongst each other where points are given for finishing the race early. I plan my hunt and hunt my plan at the end of the season we will see how the cards fall. Eithier way I did the best I could nothing for me to hang my head about if I don't get one on the wall.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”