MN Rut Activity Week of Nov. 13-18?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Emrah

MN Rut Activity Week of Nov. 13-18?

Unread postby Emrah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:24 am

Having been gone on a work trip for the last couple of weeks, I'm finally going home today. Will get to hunt this weekend (17th, 18th) up north near Barnum. What have you MN guys seen with rut activity? Still going strong? Winding down? Did I miss it?

Thanks,

Emrah

James
500 Club

Re: MN Rut Activity Week of Nov. 13-18?

Unread postby James » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 am

I haven’t been hunting in MN but have done so plenty in previous seasons. Technically it should and is going on still but the gun hunting throws a wrench into things for sure. Get to remote unpressured spots and you’re bound to see strong activity still.

A few years ago I filmed a great buck I had been hunting in a marsh with a doe on Nov 22nd locked down.
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 am

Been north and nothing seemed to be happening yet, but southern looked to be ramping up, activity and sign.
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
riverrat bbq

Unread postby riverrat bbq » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 am

I am hunting east of there. The first weekend didn't see much but groups of does. The second weekend we did see one small buck tracking where a doe had gone thru in the dark. I could not get him to stop for more then a second even though I got very loud. we were trying for my sons first deer. oh well. I am hoping something changes this weekend.
timberninja

Unread postby timberninja » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Last hunt I had was on the 10th. I'm way north and west of Barnum. Deer were moving. I saw good chasing and quite a few deer, one mature buck during shooting hours but no shot. I would say the rut is in full effect, I would expect excellent hunting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”