Rut Strategy/Time Change

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BradC36

Rut Strategy/Time Change

Unread postby BradC36 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:09 am

Now that the clocks have changed I have the same dilemma I run into every year. I can now only hunt the last hour of the evenings by the time I get out of work, but I am within a couple of miles of most of my hunting spots from my office. OR/Also, I can also start getting out in the AM's and hunting until 8-8:30 if I choose to go that route.

I have a lot of flexibility but it will be tough to squeeze out much more unplanned vacation days this year. Is it worth it in your opinions to booger up a spot and only getting out for an hour or so, mornings and evenings, during the work week? Or leaving my spots to be until the weekends. Side note that none of this is my best stuff, and more than likely I will be elsewhere on the weekends.

Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Re: Rut Strategy/Time Change

Unread postby Jhand » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 am

After time changes I can only hunt ok Saturdays. By the time I get off and get to the closest public land spot from work there is only an hour left of shooting light. Have done it before but it's a race against time to try to get in and setup before prime time. It sucks bit being able to hunt during the week but that's why I try to hunt as much as I can before time changes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”