Looking for advice

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Looking for advice

Unread postby kwaldeier » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

The wind the next few days will be from the north which is bad for my stands. Next 3 days are from the north. I plan on going right after work so it will be a little light when I get to the tree and hunt mid day. Been slowwwwww lately. I've got a buck I want to kill and I know generally where he is bedding. I'm getting Pics of him but have not been around his area or checked cams for awhile. I laid eyes on him the other day but just for a min. Top is where I seen him work a scrape just for a sec. On top of hill is suspected bedding.

kwaldeier
500 Club

Re: Looking for advice

Unread postby kwaldeier » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 am

Anyone?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

I stink with maps just trying to get u some answers flowing. But I ask can u blow over em or take a mobile set and look for some hot sign to set on. When the grease is hot u gotta fry. So anytime in the woods during prime time is better than waiting on a perfect wind that may never show and limit your opportunity IMO. Hopefully someone else will chime in for ya
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 am

Entry points could vary, stay away from the north or south keeping scent from his bed.

If the bucks comfortable where you saw him, I would put effort in from the west entry, if possible.
I'm not super quiet so 150-200 yards from the bucks bed is as close as I challenge, also depends on cover too.
Probably 50-100 yards in from field edge you'll probably see some feeder trails going into the field.

Look for fresh tracks, trail, or food, also Doe activity is pretty important now too :-------> )!
Alow plenty of time to take it all in and select the best of your options.
Cover is important as well, so I usually try for a hemlock or cluster of trees the help camouflage...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:51 am

Glad to see youre getting some action! Is the blue arrow the wind for the day he was spotted?
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:47 am

No that's an old Pic lol from the north
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 am

That is some prime stuff you got there man! I'd get in there and hang/hunt off fresh sign. Guaranteed that property has giant bucks if Its where I think it is.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 am

Tomorrow has the perfect wind after 8 for my best spot. However they are so slow right now. Lock down? Idk just bad

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”