Downwind side of a ridge near scrapes and doe Bed?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blakebry123

Downwind side of a ridge near scrapes and doe Bed?

Unread postby Blakebry123 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 am

Just curious if y’all would setup here. With the pre rut, would you setup on the edge North/south running ridge line that has a wind coming from the east. Also on the east side of that ridge, is scrapes and a doe Bed. The chances of a buck coming through to scent check that area are pretty good correct? Just trying to understand a mature bucks behavior a little more. Thanks for the help!!

Instagram: live_to_ride_94
Snapchat: blakebry123

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share my videos:
https://youtu.be/DQ1qTOOgfKo
mauser06
500 Club

Re: Downwind side of a ridge near scrapes and doe Bed?

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 pm

That'd be the leeward side... so yes...that is typically where the majority of the daylight movement will be. They'll cruise down wind of doe bedding to scent check it. And the cruising in daylight will typically happen on the leeward side..
Ahab

Unread postby Ahab » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 pm

I have to choose between lee side of a ridge or lee side of bedding. What would you pick? I'm up near Huntsville ontario, rifle season starts tomorrow. The rut should be just kicking in. Cold front coming in tonight.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Ahab wrote:I have to choose between lee side of a ridge or lee side of bedding. What would you pick? I'm up near Huntsville ontario, rifle season starts tomorrow. The rut should be just kicking in. Cold front coming in tonight.

Bedding will be on the leeward side. Set up on that side. I would try to hunt a pinch point between bedding points on the ridge, but STAYING ON THE LEEWARD SIDE. Best of luck!
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”