Morning wind direction consideration for evening sit

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Strenke629

Morning wind direction consideration for evening sit

Unread postby Strenke629 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:29 pm

So how often do you consider the morning wind into your evening sit plan? Just curious cuz I know more than likely the wind will shift throughout the day and the bucks adjust accordingly. That’s why finding a bedding area with multiple beds for various winds important. Just for an example, you have bed at the tip of a point and the only wind they will bed there is on a west wind. Could you pretty much count on that buck not being there on a west wind in the evening if the morning wind was anything but? I know they could bed there on an off wind like wnw or wsw. Or they could relocate to it if they bedded very close by. I guess I’m just curious how often you consider the morning wind related to the evening wind.

SplitG2

Re: Morning wind direction consideration for evening sit

Unread postby SplitG2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Every single morning hunt, I always factor the morning wind in for my evening hunt stand site. Do I think it makes a huge impact with success, no but only because I hunt hill country and the wind can do a 180 at any point in time, multiple times but I still factor it in
Hunt Hard or Go Home
Strenke629

Re: Morning wind direction consideration for evening sit

Unread postby Strenke629 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:42 pm

I suppose that’s why it’s more important to find a bedding area with mutiple beds so then you know that buck could be there on any wind. Have you noticed or anyone noticed how far a buck with travel to adjust his position according to the wind change?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”