Hill Country

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Hill Country

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:45 am

BigHunt wrote:
Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:if your talking about the weather mans wind(current)wind.....thats the pervailing wind

Prevailing wind is most frequent or very common. Current wind is happening now.

im still confused stan what are you looking for

You said there is always a prevailing wind, for those that are learning is this what you meant to say?
I have never seen where there is always a prevailing wind. There may be always a wind. Just getting a clarification of that statement.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

ok :?

the point is no mater what theres always a (curent) or pervailing wind just because we cant feel it the air is always moving
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 am

BigHunt wrote:ok :?

the point is no mater what theres always a (curent) or pervailing wind just because we cant feel it the air is always moving

Gotcha. Excellent point
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 am

Stanley wrote:

Gotcha. Excellent point

your're allright stan your're all right :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Last edited by BigHunt on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:05 am

These las couple of posts got prettty funny. :lol:

I agree with bighunt, even on the calmest of days there is always some kind of prevailing wind coming from one direction regardless of thermals. On some days it will be a VERY mild wind and may not create the same "thermal tunnel" that would be there on a day with a strong wind, and the thermals may even over power the prevailing wind, but that is a circumstance that, (to Dan's point about always learning) you need to know how the wind reacts under those conditions on those wind directions in your spot....whheeew, hope that made as much sense to you guys as it does to me! :lol: :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 am

BigHunt wrote:
Stanley wrote:

Gotcha. Excellent point

your allright stan your all right :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Your or you're? ;) :P :P Seriously, some may have thought the wind always came from the same direction in the hill tunnels and such.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:08 am

GRFox wrote:These las couple of posts got prettty funny. :lol:

I agree with bighunt, even on the calmest of days there is always some kind of prevailing wind coming from one direction regardless of thermals. On some days it will be a VERY mild wind and may not create the same "thermal tunnel" that would be there on a day with a strong wind, and the thermals may even over power the prevailing wind, but that is a circumstance that, (to Dan's point about always learning) you need to know how the wind reacts under those conditions on those wind directions in your spot....whheeew, hope that made as much sense to you guys as it does to me! :lol: :lol:

totaly man :lol: the only way to learn theses spots is to put out milkweed and learn were thes honey holes are, when you have them figured out then you can planyour hunts
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 am

I know a couple of guys who believe the prevailing wind all depends on the spot, for example, if we were hunting spot a, we would have wind out of the North.....with out looking at the wind direction for the day, they just think that in that spot thats where the wind blows. :?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

GRFox wrote:I know a couple of guys who believe the prevailing wind all depends on the spot, for example, if we were hunting spot a, we would have wind out of the North.....with out looking at the wind direction for the day, they just think that in that spot thats where the wind blows. :?

i belive that the thermal wind is more predicable then the pervailing wind becasue the thermal is allways doing the same thing .....terrain dicates how thermals move threw the land agin go out and learn these spots and youll have the advantage
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 am

Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:[quote="Stanley"

Your or you're? ;) :P :P Seriously, some may have thought the wind always came from the same direction in the hill tunnels and such.

stan you know what i ment im not good a spelling as you can tell :oops: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 am

BigHunt wrote:
Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:[quote="Stanley"

stan you know what i ment im not good a spelling as you can tell :oops: :lol: :lol:

there i fixed it happy :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:25 am

GRFox wrote:I know a couple of guys who believe the prevailing wind all depends on the spot, for example, if we were hunting spot a, we would have wind out of the North.....with out looking at the wind direction for the day, they just think that in that spot thats where the wind blows. :?

They will learn from that or perish into mediocrity at best.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 am

stan you know what i ment im not good a spelling as you can tell :oops: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
there i fixed it happy :lol: :lol:[/quote]
You done good. :D
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:30 am

Stanley wrote:stan you know what i ment im not good a spelling as you can tell :oops: :lol: :lol:

there i fixed it happy :lol: :lol:[/quote]
You done good. :D[/quote]

gee thanks stan :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”