Weather and stand selection

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OHBB24

Weather and stand selection

Unread postby OHBB24 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 am

I'm looking at my first three days of my hunt. Temps as of now are 6755,68/56, and third day goes high 60/46. After the third day I think it's going to be great with possible t-storms passing with the front. I asked a question last week regarding hunting in heat this time of year but generated a new one

From a stand location standpoint do u hold off on your projected kill stands and try a different area if u are faced with a warm trend or just go for it? I have two neighboring properties I can access for the projected winds and trying to get a plan together.

weatherdude

Re: Weather and stand selection

Unread postby weatherdude » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm

If you can get in and out clean without leaving too much scent you could probably still hunt your best stands. I would just focus on the early morning and later in the evening when the temps are a bit cooler. At least for this time of year (rut). If you're not sure about whether or not you may blow the spot with scent, you may want to hold out for a few days until better weather.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”