Public land parking/access trails.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stringpuller

Public land parking/access trails.

Unread postby stringpuller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Hi guys anyone ever try setting up near parking area?
Im fixin to try a setup today after work that i scouted.
Theres cattails to the north of a parking area and to the west is flooded timber.
I found several beds in both areas and some were within smelling hearing distances of the only acces for hunters inbetween. There are RR tracks to east running north south and by golly i found a few doe beds 30 yards from tracks facing them with a clear view.
I got a strong feeling while scouting that these deer are keeping a close eye on hunters??

I was going to park down the road and walk down and slip along the tracks and hunt a cross wind. Sound crazy? Not somthing i would normally do before i found this website.

stringpuller

Re: Public land parking/access trails.

Unread postby stringpuller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:49 am

I want to add that the wind is an almost wrong wind blowing from only access to the bedding.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:02 am

Lots of us hunt those kinds of spots, actually hitting one tonight, 3 parking areas within 300 yards of his bed. Hoping the pressure from the weekend has him hanging out in that bed.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 am

I have found spots like this to be hit and miss. I have found some great looking sign in spots like this during spring scouting, then come back the next fall to hunt only see boot tracks from someone who already hunted it. No doubt that spots like this get used by deer a lot and if you have good reason to feel confident in hunting it then absolutely hunt it!
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
stringpuller

Unread postby stringpuller » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:56 am

Appreciate the input. Its not so much that there is a ton of sign along the transition
Its all the beds i found and their proximity to this trail/parking area. Its tempting.
Its 0ct 31 and im thinking big bucks may be adjusting to bed closer to these obvious doe beds.
SRWbowhunter

Unread postby SRWbowhunter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:14 am

One way to find out what’s going on there give it a try
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:18 am

headgear wrote:Lots of us hunt those kinds of spots, actually hitting one tonight, 3 parking areas within 300 yards of his bed.Hoping the pressure from the weekend has him hanging out in that bed.

:clap: Awesome observations man! Good luck

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”