Observation sit

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mstavely

Observation sit

Unread postby mstavely » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 am

Morning i am new to hunting beds and didnt find this awesome info until it was too late in the year to actually go looking for them so i am just hunting mobile as possible. I have listened to everything dan has put out and read articles on here. So this morning i did an observation sit and had a big mature buck come out of a small patch of woods roughly 50yrds long by 80 yrds deep to standing corn we leave up every year that crosses the farm one side to another. Bucks historically come from both sides to this corn and travel to the other side of the farm. He traveled the corn to about half way turned 90 degrees wind was directly in his face and proceeded to walk through the middle of the farm and hook in about 1,000 yrds away. This was at 7:05am about 7:20 when i lost sight of him. I am wondering if he was actually bedding in there and i should throw a set at it tomorrow AM (today wind NW tmrw wind SE) or if he had just been cruising and was working his way back to bed. Don't want to go in that patch to look for beds since it is too late in the year now. Also not sure if i should wait for the same NW wind in a few days then try the set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”