White Knuckles Productions Podcast-Brad Kuhnert

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mipubbucks24
500 Club

Re: White Knuckles Productions Podcast-Brad Kuhnert

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Can someone give some back ground on Brad? I keep hearing his name and have tried to google him but really didn't find anything. I will be listening to the podcast tomorrow at work.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Old school big woods bowhunter with a history of great success on big bucks.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 am

Super interesting listen. The most interesting part is the sitting all day sits for 7 days in a row. I toyed with this idea this year but really just could not bring myself sit the same spot that many days in a row. Even afternoons. To me, its just asking for trouble. Mainly, because I know the bucks are still coming back into that area at night...they know I have been there.

So its interesting that its so foreign to the deer to see humans, that any intrusion will mess them up ...however, 7 straight days of sitting would definitely seem pretty foreign. Are these bucks just NOT in the area for 7 days? AT ALL? Not at night?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:16 am

mipubbucks24 wrote:Can someone give some back ground on Brad? I keep hearing his name and have tried to google him but really didn't find anything. I will be listening to the podcast tomorrow at work.

He is not someone that most hunters are going to know of... I met Brad the same way Todd (WKP) did, he was a friend of Andraes. I have bear hunted and talked for hours with Brad. He has shot some giant bucks over the years, and back in the day he ran a great bear camp that produced a lot of huge bears in Northern Wisconsin. He taught me a lot of the bear tactics I still use today.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:51 am

mainebowhunter wrote:Super interesting listen. The most interesting part is the sitting all day sits for 7 days in a row. I toyed with this idea this year but really just could not bring myself sit the same spot that many days in a row. Even afternoons. To me, its just asking for trouble. Mainly, because I know the bucks are still coming back into that area at night...they know I have been there.

So its interesting that its so foreign to the deer to see humans, that any intrusion will mess them up ...however, 7 straight days of sitting would definitely seem pretty foreign. Are these bucks just NOT in the area for 7 days? AT ALL? Not at night?

No. The rut circuits are huge in the big woods. 7 days is a bit of a stretch, but 2-3 days on a circuit without distractions is realistic. If he finds love and hops on a wayside, 7 days comes into play.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:02 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:Super interesting listen. The most interesting part is the sitting all day sits for 7 days in a row. I toyed with this idea this year but really just could not bring myself sit the same spot that many days in a row. Even afternoons. To me, its just asking for trouble. Mainly, because I know the bucks are still coming back into that area at night...they know I have been there.

No. The rut circuits are huge in the big woods. 7 days is a bit of a stretch, but 2-3 days on a circuit without distractions is realistic. If he finds love and hops on a wayside, 7 days comes into play.

I keep forgetting he is hunting rut based tactics. My head is still stuck in early season tactics. I see a lot of the same behaviour outside the rut with the circuits here in the northeast. Which really makes it tough because the bucks rarely do the same things 2 days in a row. You just have to be there when they are there.

Good stuff.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 am

dan wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:Can someone give some back ground on Brad? I keep hearing his name and have tried to google him but really didn't find anything. I will be listening to the podcast tomorrow at work.

He is not someone that most hunters are going to know of... I met Brad the same way Todd (WKP) did, he was a friend of Andraes. I have bear hunted and talked for hours with Brad. He has shot some giant bucks over the years, and back in the day he ran a great bear camp that produced a lot of huge bears in Northern Wisconsin. He taught me a lot of the bear tactics I still use today.

Thanks Dan, I'll be listening to the podcast as soon as I get a chance, interested to learn from another great hunter.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Its a great podcast. I laughed at the first part because todd who is a great guy was bragging him up so much but the guy couldnt get a word in lol great podcast
Earn what’s never given.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:20 pm

I am probably confused here but is Brad a member on the site?
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:15 am

very informative podcast...id hate to be a buck in the big woods with a guy like brad or magicman after me :lol:
Bedbug

Unread postby Bedbug » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:11 am

What a humble guy. I could listen to talk hunting for hours
peteinvermont

Unread postby peteinvermont » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 am

Good podcast with lots of good info for the big woods hunters. I personally took a few things away from it even after hunting northern timber my entire life.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”