Dog scent vs human scent??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Blakebry123

Dog scent vs human scent??

Unread postby Blakebry123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 am

What’s up guys? So just had a quick question. I have an English bulldog in the house, my bow and stand are parked in the bedroom because I don’t have a garage. Do y’all think her scent will scare deer more than my scent will? If so, do y’all think I could just throw the stand outside a day or two before I plan to hunt to rid it of scent? Thanks for the responses!!

Instagram: live_to_ride_94
Snapchat: blakebry123

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share my videos:
https://youtu.be/DQ1qTOOgfKo
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Dog scent vs human scent??

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am

If a mature deer comes by if he smelled one he would also smell the other since they are in the same scent stream. You will be screwed blued and tattooed! Play the wind
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 am

Yup
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:21 am

I have dogs as well - Every season I take my stuff outside, wash it, let it air out and keep it in my vehicle for most of the season.

I have a story about dog smell and pixie dust for this too... Awhile back I had a beanie that just stunk purely of dog! So I took some Pixie Dust (Dead Down Wind) and soaked it! Surprisingly, whenever I smelled it again it had no smell. Obviously that is nothing compared ot a deer's nose but it still was a surprise. 5 mins later though... it was pure dog smell again. So that doesn't work :lol: :lol: :lol: However, I was able to arrow a nice 2 year old, on public last season wearing my Dan Infalt Special Edition work shoes. The bottoms had dog hair in them and holes on blown out of both sides. That night I had 10 deer under my stand, most iv ever see at once and probably ever will. Here is a pic of the shoes. Some of you guys already know the story but I love sharing it! :D
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:57 am

Darkknight54 wrote:I have dogs as well - Every season I take my stuff outside, wash it, let it air out and keep it in my vehicle for most of the season.

I have a story about dog smell and pixie dust for this too... Awhile back I had a beanie that just stunk purely of dog! So I took some Pixie Dust (Dead Down Wind) and soaked it! Surprisingly, whenever I smelled it again it had no smell. Obviously that is nothing compared ot a deer's nose but it still was a surprise. 5 mins later though... it was pure dog smell again. So that doesn't work :lol: :lol: :lol: However, I was able to arrow a nice 2 year old, on public last season wearing my Dan Infalt Special Edition work shoes. The bottoms had dog hair in them and holes on blown out of both sides. That night I had 10 deer under my stand, most iv ever see at once and probably ever will. Here is a pic of the shoes. Some of you guys already know the story but I love sharing it! :D

I suspect those shoes must have had carbon insoles!!!! Lol how else can u explain such an event, next u are prob gonna tell us u were hunting in a jock strap with a full Seminole Indian chief head dress! There had to be something playing the wind just doesn't make sense! Did u shower in buck bomb or dip your sack in peanut butter?
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 am

I snaked em striaght outta Dan's truck! Who do you think put the "I brake for racoons" sticker on the back? matter of fact now that I think about it... That might be coon or opossum hair... :mrgreen:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”