Help judging location

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ballistic_RT

Help judging location

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Hey everyone. I have acquired some new private land to hunt on about 2 weeks before season started. So no time to scout ahead. All of my scouting has been done on ground going out to hunt. To top it off, there are only about 5 trees large enough to hang a stand on. It was logged out some years ago and all the trees that are there couldnt be more than 6-8" wide, although from above it appears very thick. So ground hunting will be the game for the time being. All of the "dot" markers are either sign/ track found or bumping them going into the area. Atleast 1 dot (top center next to pond) is a guaranteed doe bedding area. Any possible info those with much more experience than myself can come up with? The main area i have been is predominantly flat open field, although there is a bunch of hill area i have had no time to go through.

"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear
Ballistic_RT

Re: Help judging location

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Well crap, cant upload photo. I guess i can share through PM if anyone is interested?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Ill give it a shot. Send a PM
Ballistic_RT

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 am

Darkknight54 wrote:Ill give it a shot. Send a PM

PM incoming
Ballistic_RT

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am

Well it wont let me add an image to the message either.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 am

Ballistic_RT wrote:

How are you trying to add it? For postimage or HB gallery walkthroughs go check out the daily chat section. At the top is a walkthrough.
Ballistic_RT

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 am

Image[/img]
Ballistic_RT

Unread postby Ballistic_RT » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 am

Darkknight54 wrote:
Ballistic_RT wrote:

How are you trying to add it? For postimage or HB gallery walkthroughs go check out the daily chat section. At the top is a walkthrough.

Thanks. Images uploaded.

Red is property line. Dots are deer sightings before/ after shooting hours when i bumped them. I marked what stands i know of. Right now there is only myself and one other hunter out there, but when rifle season starts there will be 8 more hunters out there regularly. The yellow area is the most consistent sign i have seen but its old. Tons of it there, but old. Im only able to scout as i go in/ out so im pretty much blind to the area.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”