Lone wolf seat noise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jmaas07
500 Club

Lone wolf seat noise

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 am

My seat is making some slight squeaking noises when folding it up and down. What’s the best fix? Take apart and wax? Oil?

Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Re: Lone wolf seat noise

Unread postby Jhand » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 am

Take it apart and put some bow string wax on the washers
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm

A quick fix would be to wax or oil the squeaky parts but in my own experience at least I’ve found oil to usually only be a temporary fix. Your best bet, if you’ve got the time, would be to order or buy new nylon washers directly from Lone Wolf and replace your bad ones but tighten the lock nuts only tight enough to keep the seat in place when in the up position... no tighter. I’ve tried to replace nylon washers with those found in hardware stores but have found it hit or miss as far as finding the exact same size and thickness.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:38 pm

I was messing around with the seat, was about to take it all apart and wax and ended up loosening just a bit and tested it and there was no noise. Think it came from the factory overtightened, this was a brand new stand.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 pm

jmaas07 wrote:I was messing around with the seat, was about to take it all apart and wax and ended up loosening just a bit and tested it and there was no noise. Think it came from the factory overtightened, this was a brand new stand.

Brand new I would still wax it. Wax lasts about a year, and when the the washers dry out again they start creaking again.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:39 am

dan wrote:
jmaas07 wrote:I was messing around with the seat, was about to take it all apart and wax and ended up loosening just a bit and tested it and there was no noise. Think it came from the factory overtightened, this was a brand new stand.

Brand new I would still wax it. Wax lasts about a year, and when the the washers dry out again they start creaking again.

Will do, thanks Dan

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”