Unwanted invites?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vtbuck
500 Club

Unwanted invites?

Unread postby vtbuck » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:17 pm

I live for November. It's my favorite time of year. The rut, big bucks, the calming influences of the woods and nature. It's therapeutic to me.
So when my wife announced we'd received a wedding invite for November 3rd I was slightly annoyed.
Then when my father who I've got little use for decided to have thanksgiving dinner at 1pm on November 12th my blood pressure went through the roof.
I get it's not the end of the world to most but that's 2 full days of hunting lost if I get forced to go.
Do other hunters suffer with these headaches and how do you deal with it?

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
PK_
500 Club

Re: Unwanted invites?

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:22 pm

You will get it done on the 5-11th. :D

If you hunt close to home I would say 2 days is not a problem. If you are like me and have to travel across the country to get to where you want to be in Nov it can be tricky.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:27 pm

I suffer from the same headaches....Then I take a deep breath and remember I am very blessed and have more time than most to hunt and do what I want. And if people that are close to me want to spend time with me in November, then I will try to be accommodating.

It just better not be a high pressure day after a cold front with the moon timing perfectly and the perfect wind for my best rut stand... :doh:
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 pm

No redblooded American man gets married in Nov. Seriously.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:37 pm

PK_ wrote:You will get it done on the 5-11th. :D

If you hunt close to home I would say 2 days is not a problem. If you are like me and have to travel across the country to get to where you want to be in Nov it can be tricky.

I have to travel north to the Midwest. I made it a ritual starting last year, so nobody asks me about anything during that first two weeks cuz I remind em every day, all year I'm going on a trip :lol:
Blinginpse

Unread postby Blinginpse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Several ways to look at it just depends what way you decide to take. I'd go 1-2 skipping the lesser meaningful of the 2 and keeps decent grace with the lady somewhat so she don't lock up the fanny wagon on u completely.

With that said 2 days as you know will likely be the best 2 days of the season as that's just how luck goes, but with that said you got the rest of your life to hunt. I believe as long as I do my job right and do my part as husband as I can the good lord will give me a chance at a buck due to the hard work and effort. Just up to me to finish that moment.

Good luck

Oh and I will second. Who in the crap is crazy nuff
To get married in November.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:57 pm

I have class on the first and second Saturday of November. I also agreed to spend the last weekend of October with my girlfriend before I found out about the others. I only get weekends off to hunt and travel to where I go. I have this weekend and next weekend and I’m done bow hunting for the year. Only have gun season left.

I feel your pain
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:19 pm

2 days? How many more do you have?
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 pm

My wife listed off about a million planned things between now and Thanksgiving...the whole time I was listening I saw my season shrinking and shrinking.

It's life. I shoot my bow in my backyard with two floodlights after dark...thank God for a light up sight pin. Ive had one day scouting all year....I walk my neighborhood with my dog with my stand and sticks on my back.

I stay up an hour later than I should to read the Beast and look at topics and aerials...

All in preparation for the day I do get time to get out ;) I'm like a caged dog!!!
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:46 pm

The wife and mother in law always seem to plan stuff when hunting season is in full swing.. So I just ask for forgiveness
ckprax

Unread postby ckprax » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:26 pm

My mother and grandmother are flying across the country to visit next weekend. My wife is gone the next weekend, so its just me and the kiddo. I have a rehearsal dinner on Nov 3rd and wedding to attend on the 4th. Family photos scheduled the following Sunday...
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 pm

So next year is my girlfriends parents 25th wedding anniversary and they want the whole family to go to Disney for a week with them. Only problem is they want to go the last week in October. They weren't too happy when I said I wouldn't be going..
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I have hunted only 2x since oct 1 opener. Life gets In the way sometimes. I'd be a little more agitated if it was during prime time of the season but luckily my family is very understanding that when I take my rut cation, that time is for me and very rarely do they bug me with these unwanted invites. Sometimes though, you just can't hunt
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:47 pm

vtbuck wrote:I live for November. It's my favorite time of year. The rut, big bucks, the calming influences of the woods and nature. It's therapeutic to me.
So when my wife announced we'd received a wedding invite for November 3rd I was slightly annoyed.
Then when my father who I've got little use for decided to have thanksgiving dinner at 1pm on November 12th my blood pressure went through the roof.
I get it's not the end of the world to most but that's 2 full days of hunting lost if I get forced to go.
Do other hunters suffer with these headaches and how do you deal with it?

Yea if you're married, we all suffer from it. This year my wife wanted a vacation in October. She wanted to hike to waterfalls. So we're going to Asheville, NC the last week of October. She wanted to go in the peak time of leaf drop / color. I was reluctant but hey, it's only a week. Then the son of a friend decided to get married on October 14th. So today we're going to that. Next weekend we'll be getting ready to go out of town. Add to that we've been extremely busy at the shop and have worked the last 5 Saturdays. My October is shot. I haven't deer hunted yet.

The only consolation is I have November coming up but I got married on November 14th. Yea yea I know, but I didn't deer hunt when I got married. I did do pretty good in the dove fields and squirrel woods this year.

There are worse things in life. At least I'm healthy and my wife does like the woods. We're going hiking so I'll be in the woods. And it's not all about me. My favorite time is late November and December anyway. I probably won't be seen much in about a month.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:11 am

Maybe i'm just a jerk, but I aint going to a wedding in November!! I don't even know anyone that would that that kinda thing, everyone I know is a hunter :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”